Aug pattern on the MO river for good blues

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Welder, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Isolated wing dikes with a notch on the head of a inside bend. Fishen the huge flat in behind it on the break between the flat and the channel. Cut mooneye was the bait. Rods fan casted out on the flat in behind the dike. Water depth 10 to 4 ft washboard bottom fishen roiled water with mod current sand bottom. Sunday night 2 hrs fishen a 50,42,3 10s. Thunderstorm runn me off the river. Goen back tue night.

2. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How do you determine were to set up on the flat? Do you set up closer to one dike or the other or midway?

3. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    how do you know what flat to fish where to fish and how to set up on one and just all to gather what to do and how to fish one thanks

4. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good post, my thoughts exactly!:big_smile:

5. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya just learn after a time what to look for and what feels right. I tie off to the end of the wing dike fish 2 rods back to the notch and 2 out in the roiled water. I look for places cats moven up stream on a big river will rest and feed. Sandbar flats are a classic patten I just tweeked it to fit the MO river. The first 2 dikes in a bend and the last 2 are the ones to hit . Or the end of a boxed dike set commen out of a inside bend most have a deep slot against the bank a sandbar in the middle thats under water and a good break in the sandbar off into the deeper scour hole and nav channel. Man that was a mouth full.