Aug 15th-16th Fish-n-Camp on Pee Dee River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rivercatsc, Jul 24, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We are going to have a fish-n-camp on the Pee Dee River for anyone who is interested in fishing, camping or just good ole fishing tales. The Pee Dee Catmasters will be hosting the event but will be open to anyone and everyone to attend. We will be camping at Duhnams Bluff off Hwy 378 in Brittons Neck. We will only be a few miles from convient stores and grocery store so we wont be ruffing it to much. If you have a camper there is plenty of room and all the running water you can stand:smile2: but no electric. This is a great time for those of you wanting to learn more about Catfishing to get out on the boat with more experienced fisherman to just see how they do it. I am looking foward to it and it will give us a break from our turnaments to just go out and have fun. So who all is gonna make it cause we need to make a food plan.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'll be there for SURE, James, but it looks like I will have to MISS tonight. I sunk $1500 of my own money into a guy's motorcycle we worked on, and he hasn't come and gotten it yet. The infamous Peglegreb will be there though. I sure hate to miss it, but things happen for a reason.
    Bill in SC

3. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    I will try to make it if I can get off work these 7 days are killing me. I hope they will soon stop.
    PeeDee Cat:cool2:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I sure hope you make it, Greg!
    BB in SC

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    you can count on bassmassey being there......im gonna get there early friday morning to start filling the bream bucket up. lets get this food list rolling soon......bassmassey

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    James, is there enough water for your pontoon, at current levels? I was there on Wednesday, and it's kinda low, but not like it was last summer. Don't now anything much about the area, though, I only travel a short distance from the landing, and haven't done much exploring.

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The straight away the landing is on is ususally pretty shallow but once you get on either side of it you are in good deeper water. I prefer to fish down river but have caught some huge flatheads and seen someBIG blues caught just up river from the boat landing. I hope the water levels will cooperate if not we will move it to the tanyard I know there will be enough water there.

8. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    James,
    Is there alot of moss(Grass) in the river down your way? It is terrible up here in Cheraw. For some reason it is always bad the month of July and part of August.
    PeeDee Cat

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Is there alot of moss(Grass) in the river down your way? It is terrible up here in Cheraw. For some reason it is always bad the month of July and part of August.>
    You got that right, Greg!
    BB in SC

10. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    hey fella's....can anyone line me up a good deal on some santee style drift weights that i can pick up while im down there? I've been scouting out some good spots to do some santee style drifting on my lake. or would it be a lot cheaper to make them myself.....i was wanting about 50 of them....see ya soon bassmassey

11. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Hey guys I hope everyone who sees this post will show up and we have to stack them like cord wood. I think it will be great and a lot of fun. Hope to see everyone there.

12. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Aaron, I don't know of anywhere to buy that many at once, and the price would certainly be much higher than you would incur by making your own. They are sold in some of the local tackle shops around the lakes, but can be made much cheaper, of course.

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The last time I fished it there wasnt but I believe you are right there is always a time down here when it gets bad for a while but never have paid much attention to it. Im cetain if its bad up there its headin down here. I wonder were it comes from. There was alot of grass floating in Moultrie this week it kept gettting on my lines.

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    James, we need to get up some sort of list for what we need to bring. (gas grills, charcoal, food, condiments, drinks, etc etc) I'll bring whatever you request of me. If we split up the requirements, it'll be easy on all of us.
    Or... each group can just bring their own stuff. Whatever you think?
    BB in SC

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I was thinking we would cook friday night for supper and a breakfast saturday morning and the rest will be fend for yourself. Maybe somebody can woop a catfish stew and that way all it has to be is heated up and some rice cooked, or we could just cook some burgers on a grill whatever yall think. And that morning we can do grits, eggs, and sausage that ought to be simple enough. I need to know who all is gonna make it and I will keep a list.

rivercatsc(2)boat
    BillSC(2)boat
    peglegreb(1)
    Roundhill(1)boat
    Bassmasey(1)
    Fishwillie(3)
    PeeDeeCat(maybe)
    Swamprat(2 possible)boat

16. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    burgers n brats sound good to me. maybe some sweet corn......canned beans? damn, I'm getting hungry already......

17. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    hold up, i just looked at he list of members signed up......better add bourbon....single barrel......

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <catfish stew and that way all it has to be is heated up and some rice cooked, or we could just cook some burgers on a grill whatever yall think. And that morning we can do grits, eggs, and sausage that ought to be simple enough.>
    < burgers n brats sound good to me. maybe some sweet corn......canned beans? >
    <better add bourbon....>
    ALL of the above has to be brought by someone. Once again, just let me know what to bring and I'll do so! Just trying to avoid everyone bringing the same thing, and we don't want to run short. The most simple thing would indeed be burgers/dogs/brats for supper, and bacon/eggs/grits for breakfast. As for the "spirits", I don't drink but can surely bring a bottle upon request! :) Just want everyone happy, healthy, and safe! I hope our list triples with folks coming, but if it doesn't, we'll still have a blast!
    BB in SC

19. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Also trying to figure out if pegleg and I both need to bring boats. I want everyone to be able to get on the river to fish. Will the wives be participating? I know I heard James say kids would be there. My grandson and I will be there and I was thinking of inviting another friend.
    BB in SC

20. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    My wife will probably come but camping I doubt it.:smile2: I hope to have my boat back in commission by then. I had a weld break loose on my transom yesterday so I have to pull it out and have it repaired. Shouldnt be a problem though. I vote for the burgers and brats. I also know there on some others from the club that are probablly gonna make it so I will keep the count. Bill invite whoever you want to.