atwood lake flatheads?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by joadb, Jan 3, 2008.

1. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    any of you guys catch flatheads, or hear from reliable sources that flatheads are caught from atwood lake.my wife and i fished there once this year and did great fishing for channels.its alot closer to where i live than some of the other notorious flathead lakes in the state so thanks for any info you all can pass along.

2. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    better luck fishing tappan i think

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Mike,
    There are flatheads in Atwood although not large numbers. We had a tournament there back in August, but none were caught then. We did see a 16# Channel weighed-in. If in search of just flatheads, there would be better choices I believe.

4. dwidder

dwidder New Member

State:
    MO
    I konw I'm late posting but I grew up fishing Atwood and never once caught a flathead. I've been away from the area for a while, but if you want to be sure check with the MWCD. I'm sure they would be glad to give you info from their electo fishing surveys.

Good luck.

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Just run down 77 and go to Salt Fork or Seneca. Mucho good fishing there!

6. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    dont worry mike we will catch some nice salt fork flatheads this summer . just get your gear ready and fine tuned .ill be calling you when its time

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Mike, if you fish with Jim White, you will be in excellent hands. That man can flat out put you on good fish!

8. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    thanks a lot jim.i cant wait!

9. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    YEP............there is definitely Flatties in Atwood Lake. The TCBA had a tournament out there 3 summers ago and we had 2 turned in. they were smaller flatties one just under 10 lbs and one over 15 !! so they are definitey in there !!! i know another club that held tournaments out there the same summer that we did and they had several turned in with one of theirs being OVER 25 lbs !!!

There is better flattie lakes but if you want a place close to home for you (id try Atwood for sure) they are there !!!