Attwood water / fuel filter seperater!

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by chambers bd, Feb 14, 2009.

1. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Any pearls of wisdom you would recommend, I got it in wally world and wanna take care of the motor!

2. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    mount it as close as you can to the motor, have the primerbulb between the tank and the filter,so you PUSH the fuel thru the filter,replace the filter every year,,, they work great! DO NOTuse regular automotive fuel line.. it will close shut after a while from he suckuin....get the marine fuel line ..its about 3/4" outside dia

3. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Thank you!

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    My take: If you have a 4 stroke fuel injected engine, you may want to purchase the filter elsewhere. The one at walmart that I was using is only 23 micron or something like that. Even though I have a carbureted engine, I buy 10 micron filters, and change them every 50 hours or so. I happen to use the NAPA gold model, for convenience. Just a little extra edge, and with the ethanol issue, it takes that. :smile2:

5. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    well, I got it hooked up on the boat, Ill have to try it out!

6. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good Post!!!! I also have new new water separator/filter system to install on my boat. I always wondered what the difference was between fuel hose and marine fuel line was?

7. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    x2:confused2: