Attwood rod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Dude, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Dude

Dude New Member

State:
    Virginia
    ive got a few different rod holders from scotty to driftmaster blah blh, but i just bought 2 of the 2-in-1 attwood rod holders from walmart. Im yet to see any opinions on these. Are they just bad or what? not sure havent used them. please give honest opinions

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    If their the 9.00 ones, Mine broke had two both gone, , Have some from cabela, seems to work about 20. each, An berkely that cat connect sells, I like the berkley realy well if they hold up that what Iam going to.

3. teamclose

teamclose Guest

i ve got 6 atwoods on my boat and have had no trouble other than i ve had to tighten the screws on the mounts every once in a while...think its all the big fish that loosens them!!!

4. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    I have 15 Attwood flush mounts on my boat. I like them because it is easy to get the rod holders in and out of the mounts. I like to fish with a lot of lines in the water. I can fish with as many rods as I want from any where around the boat.

5. jnjmeyer

jnjmeyer New Member

State:
    Richmond Heights Mo
    I have 8 Attwood rod holders. Four on the pontoon and four on the dock. No trouble since I purchased them five years ago.

6. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    That is what I use, no trouble:)

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have ten of them on my boat, 2 flush mounts and 8 side mounts. I love them and never had trouble with them at all.

8. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    They're tried and true for me. I've been using them for as long as I can remember and haven't had any trouble with them. :thumbsup:

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    They appear to be pretty good, but don't think they will handle abuse very well. Take care of them and they should take care of you.

10. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    OK, here's one for you. I'm out in the garage the other day working and my 6 year old is out there too playing. I happen to look over and she has tied a jump rope around the END, not the base, of one of my Attwood rod holders and is repelling freehand down the side of my boat as if it were a cliff. I about freaked. I don't know whether I was more shocked that she had the strength to do that or that the rod holder could hold that much weight. I think I'll keep on using and abusing them. ;)

11. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I here you Dave. I have eighteen atwoods on my boat. I have been drifting with 50lb line and strong current when the rod hung up and pulled the boat around to a stop. the atwood was strong enough to hold my boat there until I could get to my rod. I also was reeling in a 20 lb blue one day when one of my other rods slammed. I just let it go until I got the 20 in. Which was about five minutes. Then I picked the other rod up and it was a 43 pound blue. I wouldn't be worried about my rod holder ever breaking with a rod in it. They are way stronger than any line that I am going to use. They are also adjustable both vertically and horizontally, you wont find that witha driftmaster. Vern