Attractants?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by kat buster, Aug 11, 2006.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Has any one used Buck grub, or stump licker before? I was thinking about trying it. Or if you have used any other type of special bait attractants that have worked well please let me know.

2. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have not tried either of those but I did try deer cain which is a white powder you mix with water. I have used it twice with no response what so ever. my favorite is a plain salt block.

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I also like just plain old salt block.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    my brother in law uses buck grub and the deer really like it here in eastern pennsylvania.

5. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    has any body used stump licker or C'mere deer. C'mere deer is a bit to expsensive for my taste. I was thinking about making my own salt lick. I got the instructions on how to do it. It says it will make up to 200lbs. for about 25 dollars.

6. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I tried the deer cocaine for two years. It was a total waste of money.

I then switched to planting wheat and corn feeders. They work. You can also buy cattle salt and mineral blocks to set out. Odds are, the deer will use them in the summer but not during season.

As far as scents, I highly recommend CODE BLUE. It is expense but it will stop a buck in full run chasing a doe. I know that for a fact. He is on my wall.

Robert

7. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I made a tripod feeder this past month. I just bought the timer unit itself and mounted it to a barrel and put legs on it. I think the unit was like $40. I think its the only way to go. Instead of Stump Licker, you might just try pouring molassas (i think thats spelled right) on a stump. Might save you some money.

8. southpaw

southpaw New Member

State:
    alabama
    if you want to make a saly lick real cheap try buying some rock salt the kind used for ice cream making. dig a hole and bury it.as far as attractants i use scents made from hoosier trapping supply.they work great and they dont cost an arm and leg.