Attractants in the water of your live bait?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by wvcatfisherman, Jun 2, 2009.

1. wvcatfisherman

wvcatfisherman Active Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Has anyone ever heard of somebody putting some kind of attractant in the water they keep their live bait in to catch big cats? I am talking cats like 30, 40, 50 pounds+. If so could you please tell me. This guy I know does this and catches cats like crazy. He wont tell me what he does though.:angry: I was wondering if anybody knew or had any ideas what it could be.

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    if he is putting anything in the bait, its probably something that keeps the bait alive longer. Bass pro shops has this stuff called shad keeper, also there is some stuff called better bait, which is a minnow additive that removes chlorine and allows more oxygen in the water then there is the livewell additive that is used to keep fish called Sure life please release me , that reduces stress boosts immune system of fish u plan on releaseing. tournement fishermen may use this product. i would be willing to bet ur buddy is pulling ur leg. if there was somthing u could put in ur live bait to catch BIGGER fish we would see it everywhere. if he's got a secret he needs to share it brother. welcome to the BOC

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jim. Never heard of this. Good question.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Welcome! There are methods of extracting info from people. :wink:

5. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Welcome to the BOC, Jim. Never heard of treating live bait with a scent.

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I can get the info out of him for a small fee:wink:

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

WELCOME to the BOC Jim.I think if you tryed to put anything in to scent your bait,you would probaly also kill it.I think he,s just jackin you around,try to find out where his honey hole is instead!:wink:

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Jim, I never have try using attractants on live bait. Oh by the way Welcome to the BOC.

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I mostly fish for flatheads, from my experience, scents is not as big of a factor than liveliness. For channels and blues, scents is a major factor!

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The only scent I could see really making a difference is maybe blood?

11. freakyfish

freakyfish New Member

State:
    florida
    I have not heard anything either.But if you take your live bait and skin it a little from tail up but not kill it.You will make sent from your bait it will smell hurt and an easy prey.