Attractant

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by billNpam, Oct 23, 2008.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    A couple of months ago I recall seeing a post where someone asked what attractants were used. After this weekend I can say that liquid deer cane does in fact work as advertised. I went out Sunday evening and poured some liquid deer can in front of my stand. Went back last night to cover my seat on my tree stand with a bag due to the rain moving in. In just two says I have a hole about the size of a large butter bowl. Have alot of tracks of different sizes around the hole so it looks promising. Will keep you posted.

2. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    My brother used the deer cane awhile back and within 2 years there was a hole you could lay a 55 gallon drum in on its side. Good stuff!

I used some stuff called dynomite. It came in a can that looked like a stick of dynomite. This stuff works really well also. I never got a hole like the one my brother had but it did draw them in.

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I know for a fact Tink's 69 works. I have had lots of bucks walk right up and stick their nose in it.

4. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I have been using the Tink's 69 also. Will give the deer cane a shot.

I've got a 2 acre food plot with wheat, turnips, clover planted in it. Been picking up fallen persimmons and dumping down there also. Seeing lots of tracks so far.

Good luck on the up-coming seasons.

5. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I put some powdered deer cane out one time a long time ago. I mixed it with creek water and put it in a small spot i cleared out to form a nice puddle. Weeks went by and nothing happened. The next year I was scouting in season, and I went to that spot and found a hole you could get a jeep stuck in. I was amazed. There was also a tree stand right over it, and 2 gut piles in the immediate area too.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for this valuable information. I will have to give it a shot

7. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Be careful. In most states it's baiting, and it's illegal..