Attn. Stump Bumper

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by Big Country01, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    Did You Get To Dover Park This Morning, And Were They Biting??.....john :happ-big:

2. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

John, I didn't get to go this morning. I overslept and by the time I got up and moving I had to go to the Turkey Creek Lodge and cook fish for the fish fry we held today. So even though I didn't get to catch any fish, I was at least able to cook and eat some fish! Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes. How about you? Did you put in a full day of OT or were you able to get off early?....Ray

3. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    yeah i got in a full day of tearing out med gas boxes out of the walls and tearing out med gas lines out of the ceilling at measse countryside hospital.i was gonna try to go today but a side job came up so i gotta go look at it....john

4. wewasr

wewasr New Member

:p Ray it must be bad to have to plan a trip just to be able to fish.

Don

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Over slept huh?That sounds like the Ray of Butch and Ray world famous cat fishermen.They were still telling the story about Butches chicken at the tournament.

6. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Hey Jim, how did you and Jon do? Was there a pretty big turn-out? I talked to Butch about a week ago, you know he still has that spotted hen. I think she's the only one left on his property. We are not anxious about making another 12 hour road trip with her sitting on a clutch of eggs, hiding in the pontoon boat....hee....hee....Ray

7. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Hey Donnie, not everybody has a dock on the Chipola River in their back yard....Tee says he will try to be there by mid-day on Wednesday....Ray

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    we didn't do to much at all but we did have a 36 lb flathead that was good for 11th place or good for nothing at all.We were beat out by a 36.6.Couple of guys asked if I had seen you two lately and started telling the chicken story.So I guess you have passed into Santee legend.How is Butch doing?

9. wewasr

wewasr New Member

Jim, Ray talks about you all the time.
    But I am glad top see he has become a chicken ledgend in N.C.
    If we meet I will tell about the ledgend he has become in Northwest Florida.
    It something to do with his bow rope.

Don

10. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Jim, Butch and I fished the Bristol tournament this summer and had a great time as usual. He drove up the day of the tournament and drove back home immediately after. He just didn't want to be away too long as you know. We are bound and determined to make it back up somewhere down the line, just don't know when. If you ever decide to make it down to the panhandle to fish let me know and Butch and I will make it a point to meet you there. We talk and laugh about all of the good times we had up there. Sure do wish you could make it down, if not to fish, then at least for the weigh-in. I think you would truely be impressed with the way the tournament is run. Anyway you have an open invitation....Ray

11. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Thanks Don, guess I ain't never live that one down....hee....hee....Ray

12. wewasr

wewasr New Member

Ray
    We would not have never known but you told.
    I will be glad when you get up here to defend yourself, you know Angie is the one that has to tell everyone and she was not there.
    She wants to know if you are still sitting in your boat?

Don

13. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Nancy said she would feed me if I got out of the boat, so I did. I was hungry anyway....hee....hee....I'm gonna call Lib and get him all fired up tomorrow. I know he's as anxious as I am. I know that if things are right in the world and the Cosmose is alligned that Lib "WILL" catch a flathead finally! Hummmmm.....Hummmmmm....Ray

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Don those two are more fun than you can shake a stick at.We, my son and I sure do miss them at the tournaments up here.Ray tell Butch that Nate sold the place in early Sept and moved down to Beaufort.It just wasn't the same without Nate and Lynn.Broke my heart to see them go.The new guy let people donate their fish to a charity or keep them.I wrote them and told them that is not what I signed up for because the flyer said catch and release only.I wont fish again if they keep it that way.They were also talking about opening it up to guides which I think will ruin it because everyone will be hiring guides to fish it so they can win.That ruins the spirit of it to me.I understand they want to increase participation but that isn't the way.There were only 66 boats this time but the King Kat classic was held only two weeks before so lots of folks didn't come back to fish particularly the guys from Iowa ,Nebraska etc.Gas prices are going to have a big impact I think.

15. wewasr

wewasr New Member

Jim,
    Ray has been teaching Lib the fine points of flathead fishing. Last tournament here he showed Lib how to rig his pole. A basic Carolina rig but I don't think he told him ( or let him have any live bait) because Lib caught a 7.5 lb bass.
    Lib said all Ray would let him fish with was rubber worms.

Don

16. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey ray i got your pm i just wanted to make sure you my pm back...john

17. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey ray i just read the thread on the fcc congrats to your grandson i bet you and your family are real proud. it sounds like it was a good time, well maybe next year i go.....john

18. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Thanks John, we had a great trip. We stayed with Maurice Sawatis (Mohawk) and his bride Lucy. They are real good friends of ours, they took us right in and made us feel at home. Don and Angie were busy like you wouldn't believe getting things ready for the tournament but even in the middle of all of this they still hosted a BOC get-togather with a great dinner (thanks Angie). Next year should be even better, hopefully you and Kirk and some of the other local BOC members can make it up. There are enough of us to where, we should be able to field four or five teams from this area. Me and Tyler will definately be fishing it again and I know Lib and one of his buddies is going up. Heck, I think Tampa Bay will be well represented next year....Ray

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    What tournament is that RAY?Jon may end up stationed at McDill when he gets back so we may be able to participate.What did you catch?

20. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Hey Jim, good to hear from you again. Wow that's good news that Jon may get orders to MacDill. We just finished the Classic in Wewa. I didn't land any Flatheads by my grandson Tyler caught a 7.11 pound Channel Cat that took first place in the Kid's Classic. He can't wait to fish it again next year. We are also going to organize a Florida BOC gathering in Wewahitchka the Saturday and Sunday before the Classic. Tentatively, it's going to be held at the Dead Lakes Park Campground. Don is helping me work out some of the details. Hope ya'll can make it for that one....Ray