ATTN: J Dubya

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Itch2Scratch, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    J.W. I know ya been laid up for a few days so I thought I would do some experimenting for you as a time saver for when ya get out of the hospital(or kicked out).:0a10:
    I have taken all I have learned since coming to this board and tried apply it so you can get a jump on Eric and Stoney when you get out.
    I read on here somewhere about launching baits with a cannon so I ordered one which you can have if ya want to try this Bro.:)
    So I went this mornin and I have to admit, this was a little harder than I thought it would be, took some practice. I decided to go with the big hook, big bait therory DH and Stoney uses and picked up some 40/0 Kahles and 3 Butterball Turkeys for bait(they have to be Butterball Turkeys for the lubricant in the cannon).
    Well anyway, I went to put the first bait out(don't forget to remove the Giblets for later use);) and it went clear across the lake and landed in the trees(H20 Mellon style).:eek: After lowering the cannon some the second cast(shot) skipped across the water and up on the opposite shore (Darrell boating style), but that was no problem...just pulled it back into the lake.:cool: The third went well after raising the cannon back up and reducing the powder charge by half.;)
    Ya have to try this J.W...it really works!:thumbsup: Since I could only afford 3 Butterballs(had to leave the one in the tree) it was a limited experiment but both caught something(which is better than Whistler has done lately).:p
    On one I caught a 130lb Paddlefish that got his paddle stuck inside the turkey and the second one a Flathead made a home inside of. So 100% success with this method, I hope this gives you the EDGE so you can keep up with DeerHunter and Stoney.:) GET WELL SOON Brother J.W., we miss ya!
    :0a26:

2. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now that sounds like my kinda fishin' Ken,but can us poorfolks use a greasy buzzard instead of a Butterball? ;)
    Jw, I hope your feeling better. Critter

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    You might get with J.W. when he gets home Critter...I bet he has some bear grease layin around...that should work.;)

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well I will have to come back to this a little later with my comment, but I will have a good one, that you can bet.. LMAO

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Hey I tried that bait cannon thing a few years back. But do you realize how hard it is to mount one of those things on a canoe, LOL!!!

6. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey fella,

I have the hardware over here (155mm, 105mm, 80 mm mortars....you know) I just need the turkeys!! If you send me a couple I could lob a few in Sauder City! On second thought..... I would hate to give the enemy food!

Darrell

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    It sure is great to see you back on here posting again JW:) ..now get out there and report another on of your mis-adventures!..LOL:p