Attn: BOC Members / Coffey Marketing Scales Report

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DeerHunter01, Sep 29, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good afternoon:

This morning a BOC member had gone in a store and found a coffey Marketing Scale for $19.99 And he made a post on the BOC to let everyone know the price he found them at. This was not a problem cause the member was looking at the best interest of the membership finding a lower price.

Due to this member doing this for the membership we would like to thank BOC Member ( 777 ) for this action.

But the thread had to be moved due the scale was from our sponsor and members were feeling that when they went to the National Gathering they were paying up to $50.00 and $60.00 for scales, and they felt they had been ripped off. And there was a couple of posts on there saying that they felt the price was way off.

I called Gary Coffey our sponsor and he assured me that the store was losing alot of money off them scales, and he would be in touch with the store as soon as we got off the phone.

Mr Coffey called me back in about 20 minutes and reported that the store in questions was changing the price of the unit as we spoke, they put the wrong prices on the units. So if you were one of the lucky ones to get a coffey scale at 19.99 today you did well.

But Mr Coffey assured me that none of the members that has bought any units would be shorted on the prices. That store in question now has the price on the #110 pound Unit at $59.99 .

Thanks BOC Staff
    D/H

2. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Whewwww....Thanks for posting this. Hate to feel like I have been ripped off. Glad that it was taking care of.

777 got a deal, so it turned out to be a great evant after all!

3. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How come I'm never one of the "lucky ones" ? LOL!

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks for that post.
    And I can say that I feel I got a great deal at the national. As I got to meet Mr Coffey and my scales at the same time. And Let me tell you the 220 lb set I received, Turned to be the best set I have ever had.
    Thanks again to a Guy selling a great product.
    Pete

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I have worked in the old retail busness now for 40 years and those things do happen and a item gets mispriced when it is put on display. I also bought a 220 pound scale from Mr. coffey at the national and in My book the man is a pure gentelman and he woulden't take advantage of us!! The scale is well worth the $60.00 dollars he charged us. I took it down to the fish and game club here in council bluffs and showed it to the guys and they all wanted one so I gave them the info on coffey marketing and i think he will have some orders from them. Thank You Mr. Coffey for a Fine Product! Your Friend J.D.
    :big_smile:

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for the heads up DH, figured it was a misprint by the retailer.

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Leave it to our staff to get on top...we are a lucky membership. Good work Eric. I am very pleased with my 220 model.........LOL......I know, you want to know what the worst cat fisherman in Tennessee wants with a scale that will weigh a 220 pound fish................well, wishful thinking I guess.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sounds like 777 got one heck of a deal. I can't never run into those sort of deals. I saw the one that Believer has and they are a good looking scale. Soon as I get the extra $$ I want to get me one. Thanks Staff for getting that all straightened out.

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i still want one , but im broke and out of work , will trade paint work for a day for a 220 coffee scale . lol no jk tho

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I bought one of them there 220lb ones..... Sure looks purty.... maybe I'll get to use it before I die. Right now I could get by with a postal scale! :embarassed: :crazy: :angry:

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You know, Shawn, if BS were music, you'd be a brass band...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Kill one to warn a hundred. ~~Chinese Proverb.

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Thanks Uncle Jesse! I am a used car dealer remember? :eek:oooh: :wink: :cool2:

13. Wayne J.

Wayne J. New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I need info. on the coffee scale, never even heard of it before I joined the B.O.C. good luck and good fishing:cool2:

14. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

Never would have figured you for a used car salesman.:tounge_out: LOL Now We know the rest of the story. And how you got Jack to haul all your stuff. HAHA
    Always heard they could sell a gallon of salt water in the middle of the sea.:big_smile: '
    Pete