Attention who lost a stringer

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ulikedew, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Yesterday while I was fishing skippies I caught this wonderful item and was wondering who lost it.I still have minus the fish which got a reprieve from me.

S6300594.jpg

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i lost one one time summer before last. putting the 10th one on. all 3 to 6lbs. the tenth flopped as he slipped out of my hand i dropped the stringer. i was leaning over the edge of the boat. all 10 gone. i always use a slip ring stringer on the boat for this reason. that way the rest are slid on from back of gill to mouth. they can swim off. i actually watched 2-3 swimming off as it sunk and floated away. i had a great day that day. still managed catching 36 total and even with the 10 lost i brought home 24 for my fish fry. 2 were fiddlers that went back as i caught them.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I had one of those clip stringer with the chain from BPS two years ago. First time I used it I caught about a 8 pound channel and put it on the stringer tossed it in the water and watched the cat swim away, IT BROKE!!! After that I brought a cooler with ice. I found the cat 2 days later on the bank edge, made me sick.

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I was wondering where that got too, I don't use stringers never liked them alway used a live well or hanging basket. If i'm fishing for food i always put them in ice right away. Most of the time i release all my catches

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well most of mine i like to keep swimming till the knife comes calling. but i use the slip loop so in case of accidents i can be assured they have a chance to swim off. but they can only hope for that. the freezor awaits. im a 100% catch and keep between 2-8lbs. till i get 50 60 lbs in freezor. i have my fry and then taper back to only what i need to last the winter.thell get some relief this summer. like coon hunting. i wont kill a coon for $3.00 nor pay $4.00 to go fishing. so if this summer is non fishing due to funds. ill just stay away. the on season doest need my rambling. if i aint fishing i dont need to clutter this place. ill just tbe board.:sad2: