Attention Oklahoma City area fishermen!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Fordman, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    The Oklahoma City Water Utilites Trust meets next Tuesday (18th) at 2 p.m. in the City Council chambers to discuss closure of a the road on the north side of the golf course at Lake Hefner. This will eliminate almost a mile of bank fishing area, and some of the only area where anglers can drive right up to the water.

The Golf course folks feel that the road is lightly used (?), unsightly (gravel), a security problem (golf course vandalism?), and a safety issue (people getting hit by golf balls?). If anglers don't speak up and refute these claims, you will lose that stretch of shoreline access.

Those wishing to speak should be there a few minutes early to sign-in and let them know you want to address the road closure agenda item.

If you value your Hefner fishing access, you need to be there to voice your opinion. Lose this one, what's next?

2. cardfan4life

cardfan4life Guest

That sounds about right. Im sorry to here it and hope it works out for you and the other anglers in your area.

3. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    will try to be there thinks . will get the word out as much as i can.

4. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Ill try to be there. I need to be there. That is one of my favorite spots on that barren lake.

5. dex

dex New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for posting this, this one of the very few places I can take my 5 year old fishing to without any problems. If they were to close that road it would be hurtful to many people.:mad:

6. soonercat

soonercat New Member

State:
    oOklahoma
    Fordman do you know were the chamber meets.address maybe,i will come to the meeting,i get rather tired of crawling on the rocks to land a fish on the dam so i fish those roads more often.

7. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    This information was taken from the okc.gov website. I will be calling them today for the exact room number for the meeting. Check back, or give them a call as well. The more calls they get, the better it is for us.

City Clerk's Office
    Frances Kersey, City Clerk
    200 N. Walker
    2nd Floor
    405 297-2397
    Fax: 405 297-3121
    Customer Service Clerks: 405 297-2391

8. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Well at least we tried.