Attention: Ohio Blue Catfish anglers

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by misterwhisker, Oct 5, 2009.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    The ODNR currently does not have Blue cats listed on there Fish Ohio species list :confused2: What can we do to change this ?? I personally would like to see that trophy fishing for big blue cats in our stretches of the rivers and lakes is appreated like other great sport fish in our state. :big_smile::cool2:

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I would also like to say that the certificate and pins they give to participating anglers are a good compliment beside a picture :wink:

3. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Now that we have an officially recognized state record Blue Cat i'm sure it's only a matter of time till they're included in the Fish Ohio recognition program Paul. The Blue Cats are a worthy addition for sure and i've contacted them with this question. I'll notify everyone of the response i get. Here's a copy of the email i sent them:

I'm an avid Catfisherman and have a question regarding whether or not the Blue Catfish is going to be added to the Fish Ohio Recognition program now that we have an official state record Blue Catfish. I and a lot of other Catfisherman i know think it would be a worthy addition to the program. Thanks in advance for your response. Sincerely ,
    Garrett Cope

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thats def. a good idea Paul. We need to get them protected also! Protect them just like the other trophy fish! Ive never caught a blue cat but would def. be interested in signing a petition or what ever you have in mind!

5. FreeWorldFishing

FreeWorldFishing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was wondering the same thing about a fish OHio blue. It would also be cool if they had a triple crown type certificate if u could manage to get a fish Ohio channel, flathead and blue all in the same year.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Great post Paul, we need to recognise the BLUE!