Attention Mississippi members

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by VerotiK, Jan 29, 2006.

1. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    I have a funeral to go to on Wednesday right outside of Jackson (in Pearl) and i'll be coming from Northwest Arkansas. I'll be going to Little Rock, then to Memphis, then south down I-55 to Jackson. Whats a good town to stay in north of Jackson? I want to be within an hour or so of Jackson, but really dont care to stay right in Jackson.

2. maine

maine New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I live about an hour North of Jackson....just off I-55. You're welcome to stay with me.

maine

3. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Thanks for the offer Maine. What town do you live in? I dont know if my wife will go for the idea of staying with someone. What are some of the better towns around your area (within an hour of Jackson) that would be a decent place to grab a hotel?

4. maine

maine New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I live just off I-55 at Winona...next town south of Grenada. I understand about your wife...I had thought that it would be just you. You might want to try to stay at Canton, MS which is about 20 miles north of Jackson. There are motels along the interstate such as Days Inn (about $55 a night) and Holiday Inn. Traffic might be heavy in the morning into Jackson and the Nissan Plant, but it's all good 4-laned roads and so moves along nicely. I have a place in Lakeview, AR close to akwolf (Gene).....so I'll probably get to meet you sometime on Bull Shoals Lake. If I can help in any other way, I'll be glad to do so. Have a safe trip....

maine :grin-big:

5. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Thanks again Maine. I appreciate the info. If it were just me, i'd take you up on the offer in a heartbeat.

6. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    you could stay in madison. its just north of jackson up the interstate. theres a nice hotel right off the interstate. yea i understand not wantin to stay in the heart of jackson. madison is a great town