Attention Markj :lol:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Mar 7, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    well last week was my first week on the new job and you said id be working alot of hours you were RIGHT 57 hours last week and this week il have 42 by tomarrow night :lol: this week has went by like this mon.9 tues.10 wed.12 tomarrow im going in at 5am and working till atleast 5pm maybe even later if they ask then back friday for another 9hours and saturday for 8 :lol: sorry vern i wont be fishing much but soon il be able to buy a new boat for you to use :lol: seems im going to be bussy for the next 3 years , i took a inclosed spaces training course today and will be taking a harness training course next week cause we will soon be getting off the ground they are also offering training classes after work in other trades such as carpentry , electrical , welding , plumbing , etc. all these will get me a raise in pay i was told . but the only training i want is labor forman and maybe welding . i wish they offered heavy equipment training , be nice to be certified to operate a crane those guys work less than anyone on the job :lol: for now any way we are still pouring foundations .

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    GO FOR THE GUSTO Charles sounds like you fell into a rose garden!! take all the training you can cause you can never learn too much. Good luck buddy.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Pay attention in the safety classes. Accidents happen quick.

I am confined space trained and watcher trained.
    LOTO trained =Lock Out Tag Out
    Harness and lanyard trained
    I have scissor lift, boom lift, lull,and class 1,2,and 3 fork lift licenses.

Scratch that hard hat up real good and get Becon stickers and safety stickers on it to get rid of the greenhorn status:lol:

The way safety is supposed to work is that everyone has everyone's back. Watch your fellow worker but watch your own butt the most.
    If it doesnt look and feel safe dont be afraid to say something.
    Dont be one of the statistics that go to work and never come home. It aint worth getting killed over.

Easy work. Would have to be the safety man's job. I would be tracking along towards that avenue if I didnt want to work real hard the rest of my life.
    A good safety man can get a good job with numerous companies. They are often stolen from companies with better bennie packages and pay.
    The company I work for has 4 that I know of that go from job to job making rounds. Larger projects like you are on we may hire 2-3 safety men to stay on that job fulltime just for our trades.
    We do cranes, rigging, millwright, electrical, mechanical, and piping.

You can make some good money in construction if you hit the hot sheet, but be willing to travel and work 7 days a week.
    Most any trade has its hired guns. You got 20,000 feet of piping to do you hunt down 3 or 4 of the best and steal them out from under somebody else with lucrative pay. Thats the life they live. On the road and work for the highest bidder.

4. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    thats it hun Earn it by the sweat of your brow. Hard work builds charachter. Glad your out n about and working steady, I wish you all the best. :smile2:

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    goin in at 5am again tomarrow got another concrete pour 1100 yards and then next wensday the biggest so far its scheduled 1700 yards and still got more to pour over the next few weeks dont seem like we will ever get off the ground :lol: i worked today in the rain me and a skelleton crew most people left at 10am due to rain but we toughed it out the rain quit at noon and we managed to get our 9 hour day in , been getting in 50+ hours every week gotta love that overtime

6. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Charles,

Good news! Glad to hear things are getting better.

I always wanted to learn heavy equipment myself, one of these days a backhoe will have my name on it as I tear out all my stumps on the property. :lol:

7. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Fearless Leader Brother Paul;
    When you get that backhoe give me a call and I will show you how it's done. As for the stumps part, I can show you the way to do it with a backhoe OR the more fun way with a couple to few sticks of 40%. Hint-Hint:smile2: That's the easiest way to remove stumps!!
    You just COME BACK SAFE, WHOLE, AND HEALTHY!!
    Fraternally and Sincerely,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Glad to hear the news Charles Good things happen to good people:go:

9. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    That's important in any new job. I hate being the newbie. Also as Mark said safty first especially working all the long hours.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Charles good to hear the reports on your new job. Take all the training you can get, You never know when it will be needed. (Promotions) Good Luck.

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    tomarrow is wedsday iv got to be at work at 4:30 am for a 1700 yard concrete pour my job will be to use a shovel to clean the shute out on the concrete trucks before they pull away from the pump truck we have been pouring at a rate of 100 yards an hour if everything goes as planned we should be done by 10pm tomarrow night they hired a 6 man crew to come in and finish the crete so all our men have to do is everything else :lol: the hard work pouring , vibrateing , raking . we will have two pump trucks going at once and two crete trucks per pump there will be another guy on the other pump truck , i will be one tired dog :lol: tired already weve put in 10hour days the past two getting ready

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    We have it easier in electrical.
    We pour concrete over duct banks but all we do is wet the load down good, pour in a bag of red dye and dump it in the ditch.:lol:

13. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I passed about 6 concrete trucks coming from Carrollton and another 3-4 from Campbellsburg. I thought maybe they were headed that way. That was about 4 am this morning. I bet you'll be draggin by the afternoon.

I agree with what Mark said "If it doesnt look and feel safe dont be afraid to say something". Be careful Chuck. Somebody's gotta help me raise that brother of yours.

So full of pride for you.

"Sis"

14. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yep 16 1/2 hours but i spent 14 of it directing trafic man my feet hurt but there were no wrecks and no close calls