Attention:Kutter

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Dredge, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    This one's for you,Kutter.I just caught this 11 pound Channel from the Meramec river near Flamm City.See,there are fish in that river.

Attached Files:

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Nope, wrong fish. The one Manny & I let loose there, was a flathead. Keep trying.:wink:

3. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I always keep trying.The only other fish I got today was a 5 pound Blue.Same old story,easy bait,hard bite.I went toward Kimmswick,next time I think I'll head for the J.B. bridge.

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Nothing up by the JB bridge either.. They're all above the Alton dam.. I kept trying to tell Justin that yesterday.. I think he's starting to believe me now.. hehehe

5. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    I don't think it matters where you are right now, until this river system gets some stability to it i think it going to be hit or miss. The front comming through tomorrow may change things for a couple of days but i really think the IL. river needs to get back to normal before anything will be normal around the Alton area. Heck its almost time to start saving the world from bird flu anyaways!

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Tough bite for sure. And Michael, I do think it was a flathead Kutter turned loose on the Merramec a few years back :big_smile:

AND, drumroll pulleeze, does everyone realize we have had multiple days of temps below 70 degrees and cave communications are still forthcoming?????

Also, there is a report of Kutter even fishing once with temps around 60 degrees. YUP, read it with my own eyes. :roll_eyes:

7. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Kutter forgot to hibernate.Memory loss.Comes with age,you know.:big_smile:Kutter,we still have a trip to squeeze in.I'll have to try to call you as soon as I get a new cell phone.Mine got wet on yesterday's trip.Boat got swamped by a yacht.:angry:

8. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Them good for nutin pleasure boaters

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yacht? on the Meramec? Wow, who would be craz.............Jerry, I know you have been known to go up the Meramec with your boat, remember something about you anchoring out there a time or two. Don't worry Mike, OldJer has a job now an will be reimbursing you the cost of that phone.

10. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I got a new phone last night.Thankfully,it was under warranty.Only cost me a trip to Creve Couer.I actually got swamped on the Mississippi.After that,I headed back to the Meramec to get away from the big river traffic.At least the water from the waves cleaned the deck and floors of my boat,not to mention the bath I got.Yhe waves came in my side,over my head.My father,on the other hand,barely got a drop on him.And he was sitting in the front.Never saw an 82 year old move so fast in all my life!At least we made it home in one piece.There's always next time.:smile2:

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Man, that scares me just reading about it!!!

If you had a swell hit you as high as your head, your in the wrong spot to be on the river. Sounds like you were alongside a tug pushing a lot of low in the water barges, upstream. Scary place indeed! They can create the largest swells around.

Well? Did ya learn anything?:wink:

12. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I actually parked too close to a wingdam.Yes,I learned to anchor out ,away from the wingdam.The boat rocking from the waves beats the boat sinking from the water.I'll also be ready to pull or cut my anchor,if need be,so I can run.We did have life vests on,at least.I'llnever be quite as stupid again.