Attention Illinois Brothers!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Rainman4u2, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Please take the time to go to the Member Map section that is in the header. Please take a couple of minutes to fill it out, so that the rest of us can have a better understanding of where you live!!!! Unless of course your posting from prison....

Or you can go to:
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/VBGooglemap.php

Ray

2. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I really like this idea and have already put my name on a Frappr map that looks just like that one. Do we need 2 maps for some reason? I thought the purpose of the map was to bring us together. Can we get the admins of these together and consolidate them?

3. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I put my name on the google map but it didn't show up. I think the Frappr was easier to use.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Joe,

The biggest issue was it fell outside the BOC domain, and required the collection of a members e-mail, "If I Recall" correctly.

Since the admin of the service wasnt a staff member, and the script could have been used to start an e-mail list, we asked for its removal until such a time we could implement a similar service.

Thanks,
    Paul

5. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Thanks Paul

When I made the first post I didnt know that this was anymore than a member making another map.

6. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Joe, you're on the map. You have to close your browser then reopen it for you to be able to see it. Or at least I had to in order to see mine.
    Rat

7. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Thanks Rat

It's really good to see your posting again!!!

8. Veets

Veets Member

State:
    Illinois
    Amen on Rat posting again. Good to see you bro. How'd the camping trip go at Lundeen's last Spring?

9. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    :crying: I can't get the map to work cause my dail up is to slow. I got my Long and lat of my bedroom. the Lat is 37.531331253117344 and the Longitude is -89.16688978672027 That is down to a few feet of the computer. if yall could get me on there I sure do thank yall.:D

10. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Veets, I didn't get to go to Lundeens. I thought I sent you an email. Pretty sure I did, cause you said you were sick anyway. I've had to cancel so many fishing plans the last year or so that I'm not saying I'm gonna be anywhere anymore. Lol Seems like everything falls through. So, if you see me somewhere, it'll be out of the blue. Lol
    Thank-you guys for the welcome back.
    Rat

11. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Mathew, I looked at the map, and someone got you put on there. Looks like you got the spot down there. Quite a location.
    Rat

12. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    HELLO,BRO'S I LIVE IN COLUMBIA,IL RIGHT BY ST.LOUIS ON MISSISSIPPI RIVER. I'M HAVING PROBLEM GET MY NAME IN.:sad:

13. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I appreciate it:)

14. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rat...you got a hair cut! Did the department finally get to ya?

Darrell (AKA Snapper)

15. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    What's up Darrell? Long time no hear from.

That's last years picture. I'm in winter mode right now. All wooled up and no place to go.
    Rat

16. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    This is today. It's longer in the back, but the hairline in the front is creeping back for some reason. If I didn't know better, I'd swear I'm losing my hair.
    Rat

Attached Files:

17. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Rat - Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So good to see you again! Hope to see you at a gathering again - Catstock looks questionable this year but there will be one at Clinton, IA next Sept - Hope to see you again!

18. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Rat welcome back. Good to see you posting again.

One other thing. I have been trying to get my balloon marker on the map for days and not having any luck. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

19. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Bearcat - At the top of the map you will see (Your Entry), click on that, you will see info on left and map on the right, find your home on map and it will give you lat and log on left when you pinpoint your spot, then give your ID on the bottom line then save - I had some trouble at first but finaly figured it out - it didn't show up till the next log on -

By the way does it look bad for Catstock for this year?

The pinpoints on the map look like in the area of Catstock is about center for those who have regestered!!!

Hope we can get together to fish this year!

20. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Bearcat, Screen............good to hear you guys typing again. Been awhile.
    Rat