Attention earnhardt fans

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by tufffish, Apr 22, 2007.

1. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i was at the race in texas last week and to listen to the mouths on most (not all) of the 8 fans is disgusting. i was very pleased to see jr. be one of the first to congratulate jeff on the win. i think jr. is a pretty good country boy but will never pull for him as long as he is at dei. maybe with this week and last week him driving a hendrick car, he may leave dei and then i will probably not cheer against him anymore. my hope is his step mom will run him off and then he may start winning some races.

2. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I get some NASCAR alerts on my cellphone every now and then. I got one 2 days ago that said Theresa is going to offer Jr. 51% of DEI! Not everything I get turns out to be true, but the majority of it is.

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Theresa would be a damn fool not to offer it because lets face it Jr can work anywhere.I am a Hendricks man but I love Jr so its hard every week.He does the best he can with what he has and has the horrible job of following his father,He is old school and I like that as well as I liked him driving Buschs' car.He races clean,competes hard,and doesnt make excuses to much when things go against him.To me the value of your victory is measured by the quality of your opponents.Every time a Hendricks car wins its particularly sweet like this week with Jeff and Tony.What a great finish and quite frankly I thought we were done when Tony made that incredible move up the middle.Even if you hate the other guy you just have to admire great driving which that was.:big_smile: :lol:

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    It is to bad that some of Jr.'s class doesn't rub off on some of the fans.

I wonder what ol' #3 would have had to say about them throwing beer and trash on the track every time Gordon wins? I don't get it, why do the 3 fans hate him so much, heck I have a book of the history of Dale Sr. There are pictures all over the book of Sr. and Gordon together in the garage. Sr. always seems to be explaining or showing Gordon something, and Gordon looks like a little kid in awe, soaking it all in. Sr. may have been a not so clean racer, but he still had class, more than I can say for SOME of his fans. (Notice not ALL!!)

It does my heart good to see Jr. and the way he has handled himself the last 5 years or so. It would have been really easy for him to go off the deep end, or become some spoiled brat "the world owes me everything" kind of punk. But he has matured well beyond his years, and worked as hard as anyone in that organization, and it shows.

I am the biggest Gordon fan out there, but I truley hope Jr. wins a championship one day.....perhaps after Gordon retires!

Those fans who throw stuff on the track should be arrested, and not allowed back into a race for at least a couple of seasons.:angry:

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC

Most people dont know that Dale Sr. and Gordon were business partners in the souviner business. As the top 2 souviner selling drivers, they cleaned house.
    I found out from a book I read and later was corraberated on TV when announcers were talking about Dale and the money he made off souviners.

6. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    That is also in the book I have. I would be willing to bet there were a lot of relationships between the two of them hardly anyone knows about.

I am not sure those fans we are talking about can actually read however! :lol: :lol:

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Just having watched Earnhardt all those years, listened to what other people said about him before and after his death I would have to say you would have gotten an Earnhardt grin when all those beer cans came sailing over the fence.
    In fact he probally would have asked Gordon where all those dents came from on his car or said, Still pissing the fans off huh?
    Maybe we should have limited edition diecast beer can dented Dupont Chevy made.:big_smile:

I think this is a case where fans could throw refrigerators over the fence but the driver they are aimed at has the last laugh. The whole second floor of the building the Dupont Chevy is garaged in is full of the people that manage Gordon's money.
    Its a southern sport carved from rough stock.
    Take the chicken bones and budweiser cans away and its worse then anything that NASCAR has managed to do to screw up the sport of stock car racing.

I could find more to whine about as a driver or as an announcer then a bunch of rednecks throwing cans of beer at a race car on a parade lap after the race is over. Afterall the cars are designed to slam walls at 200 MPH. The driver is so molded into a seat he cant see either right or left.
    And a beer can is a danger? Come on. I'd be throwing beer cans too at the price of admission:big_smile:
    I'd rather call it a fan involved sport.:wink:

Sailing beer cans and race fans yelling for you to back into the wall or fall off the jack are a small price you pay to make the money you make. These guys live a life the vast majority the rest of us cant even comprehend.
    It sells tickets. What NASCAR publicly denounces and what they applaud in private is two different things coming from the same mouth.
    Bottom line is selling tickets and whatever sells them.

8. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Mark, I agree. The only thing I will disagree with is the chicken armed fans who can't get the beer over the fence, or even TO the fence.

Although a beer can will not hurt a NASCAR car, or the driver, there are a lot of fans between some of them can chunkers, and quite a few of them are kids. What exactly are we teaching these kids when drunk toothless adults are throwing beers over the fence because there driver did not win? Or better yet, when mom or little sister catch a Bud can upside the head from about 20 rows back because some neck doesn't realize just how far and high that fence is.......that is my only concern.:crazy:

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    We're teaching them about NASCAR stock car racing!:lol:

10. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Gotcha!:lol: I guess I will just have the kiddos put on their helmets if the white flag drops and Gordon is anywhere near the front! :lol:

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Naaa, you aint been to the races until you been dinged in the back of the head with a chicken bone and worn somebody else's beer.:big_smile:

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    From what I saw @ the Indy track is some fans are to drunk to throw beer cans over the fence. LOL
    Bill