Attention all please!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gator, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I have a big favor to ask. I would like to ask the brothers and sisters here at the BOC to send my brother a card if you can. I believe it would help his family to know that we are all pulling for him.

I would also like to ask that for those of us that could give blood and who would to please donate a pint in his name. They have pumped over 2 gallons of whole blood in to him and we need help replacing the blood. Me and my family have given all we can (I can not give sense I came back from Columbia South America I tested positive for TB). We need help in trying to replace as much of the blood as we can. Thanks so much for your help and prayers.

He is still in very critical conduction and they are starting him on dialysis today it seems his kidneys are not working the way they should right now.

I owe you all more than you will ever know.

Johnny Hudson
    Patient at
    Palmetto Health Richland
    6 Medical Park
    Columbia SC

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Will get one in the mail today Jim, keep us posted.

I just donated blood for my grandmother or I would. I have to wait X amount of days.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Will do.What type blood is he? Not sure if it matters or not,I'm A+. I'm not sure if I can give blood right now(had surgery this morning) but I will soon as I can. Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm keeping you and your family in Prayers!

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I did some investigating on this subject because I really want to help any BOC Brother or Sister that I can. So I called my local Blood drawing people and this is what I was told. I may be wrong,I presume it's this way for all states but anyway in Missouri,this is what I was told. Gator has to have his Brothers doctor fax my Blood Bank in Kansas City Missouri as that is the Head Office.He has to fax an order for this blood,then they call me and ask if I am consenting to this procedure,which of course I'm more than willing.Once they have my consent they make the appointment and I show up down in St. Joseph, Missouri, show my ID, and they will proceed to draw the Blood and put it in Johnny Hudson's name. Otherwise all I would be doing is helping folk out locally which is alright but this is special and I wanted to do this. I PM'd Gator and He is Checking with the Doctor first if the Doctor says it's a go all I have to do is give the fax number so he can fax the order. Maybe it's different for anyone else in another state who might consider doing this but at least thats what I need to do! I feel this is a very worthy cause and for Gator it's like the old song says"He ain't Heavy He's my Brother" Just my personal opinion folks!:big_smile:

5. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jim,
    Prayers and card sent for your brother. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

6. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I have the address will send a card and prayers.

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jim,

Got a card ready to drop into the mail when I run to town in the morning. Thanks for giving us this way to show our support.... prayers continue for Johnny's recovery!

8. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    It will be my pleasure to send a card to a new friend.
    Keep us informed Jim.

9. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I'll get one out in the morning.

10. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Jim just read this got you covered will do all we can you know that

11. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Brother Jim, You "OWE ME" nothing! If we can't pull together for a brother or sister in need , What are we??

Card will be sent, blood will be donated thursday!
    May God bless your brother, you and your family!!

Wally & Pam

12. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Bump to top of list.

13. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I'll get a card right out Brother! I'm sorry, we can't donate blood though..Looong story.

14. JackieV

JackieV New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Our prayers are with both of you.. Tom and i would like to send him a card.. Send us a address..
    Take care .

15. catfishman38663

catfishman38663 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    jim putting a card in the mail today and as soon as the blood bank come close so i dont have to have a dr to send a form i will be glad to help we have one that comes here every month so i will get it done as soon as they come i'm o positive glad to help and your brother and you and the whole family are in our prayers please keep us posted

16. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Bumping back up.

Lets all get a card in the mail to let Johnny know we are praying for him. Only takes a second to do.

17. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Thanks Tea your a good friend and person.

Here is the latest 6 bypasses and 5 grafts and 4 surgeries latter he is in stable but very critical conduction. He is responding to some sounds a little And this is a good thing. He is not out of the woods yet. He did have another attack on Tuesday and no one is sure why. They have him on a ventilator and will keep him on one for at least 3 weeks. He has lost a kidney and a few inches of his spleen. There is signs of hope as far as the brain functions go, it looks like little or no damage there. This is the point we are at right now. As for the rest of us we are all tired and wore out. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. I don’t know how to thank you all for your support.

As far as the blood goes they have had a drive where he works and raised over 6 gals in his name. So the blood is of no issue right now. But please give any way as others may also need it. Thanks to all and god bless you all.

18. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Card is going in the mail when I go back to work here shortly Jim. Keep us posted ok. J.D.

19. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    thank you for the update Jim.

Prayers are being sent from OK for him, and your entire family.

20. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Thanks for the update and I will be glad to send a card. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.