Attention Abu enthusiasts !!

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by psychomekanik, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a question for all the ambassadeur enthusiasts here. I'm wanting to know what this reel would be worth to people. It's a dark red 7000 c3 with 6 ball bearings. Yes 6. It has abec3 spool and driveshaft bearings. (factory) and I'm installing a dual ball bearing worm screw, and idler. Both abec 5. With a ceramic pawl. It's MADE IN SWEDEN. Has no rash, not scratched up badly. Just a few pinpricks on the rim. I'm probably going to put this one in my personal collection. But, I was just curious as to what a real abu enthusiast would pay for a reel as such....

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Oh, alright, I'll give ya a dollar. Would have offered two, but after all, it aint all original any more.:wink:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I agree with Kutter. Value decreases from a collectors standpoint, when modified. One who fishes with it rather than collects, may certainly give more for a hotrodded reel.

Bill in SC

4. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    It's not going to have any value from a collector's stand point, honestly. Like all collectables, factory original is the best way to be.

Someone who wants a heck of a casting reel for distance would probably be interested in it, someone who fishes tailraces or dams and has to put it 150yds out from the bank. I don't think that they would pay a premium for it though, as it's still a used reel. Especially with all of the new Rocket reels that are readily available now.

5. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I recently bought a used 7000 with two bearings which I will change to bushings before fishing saltwater.
    Jake

6. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    When I say my personal collection, I mean it'll be put on a pole and used ! I fish all of my reels. I just try to keep them in good shape. My collection is growing and I have a few reels I may part with. But I dont want to lose money on them. I'd hate to put them on e-bay and have them sell for less than I can afford to sell them. Nobody bids on auctions with high reserve prices. But on the other hand I've seen reels sell for more than they're worth when a bidding war starts on a no reserve auction. I just love buying them and rebuilding them. as far as the value being defaced because of the mods. A lot of collectors will pay for "factory" mods. I've seen new antique handles go for 40 or 50 bucks! Like wodden knobs, red knobs, White pearl handles. etc, etc. These are the same parts you can order with a custom reel. Look into ordering a custom reel. You can spend a lot of money having one built. I'd like to have a few of them in custom colors and loaded with factory options and put them away in pristine condition. When my kids inherit them they'll be worth a fortune. Gotta love abu's...

7. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I love the old ABU reels and if you have anything with levelwind in a plus 8000 I would be interested. Thanks and please let me know,Teri

8. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    pm me if u want to sell, i will get right back with you

9. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    ive got a 5 dollar bill thats only 2 years old ill give you lol, just kiding, pm me,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.