Attaching lightsticks to rod tips

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by dinkbuster1, Feb 8, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    on the 1.5 glow-stick thread Salmonid reminded me about how i attach lightsticks to my rod-tips. thought i might share with you all. in the below pics im using a larger rubberband than i normally use just so its easier to see. i prefer to use a more transparent and thinner rubberband. first, just loop your 'band over the sitck at mid-point, then hold next to tip and wrap as wide as possible about 3-6 times (depending on size of rubberband), and then slide over each side of the lightstick. remember to stop stretching the 'band on the last 1-2 wraps or youll have a bunch of slack at the end. this tequnique doesnt require cutting the line either.

Attached Files:

• ls3.jpg
      ls3.jpg
      File size:
      138.2 KB
      Views:
    • ls1.jpg
      ls1.jpg
      File size:
      132.5 KB
      Views:
    • ls2.jpg
      ls2.jpg
      File size:
      124.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    That sure bets the tape I have been using, thanks for sharing. Library material for sure!

3. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thank you very much for that!!! I had been looking for that Now that Gene has some great deals on them!!!

4. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Here's another on: Go to your local orthodontist, and get a bag of the little rubber bands they put on the kids braces. Sip two or three over the rod tip and insert the light stik.

5. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Another thing you can use are the small plastic wire ties, put one at the top and another at the bottom, you have to cut them off with a pair of wire cutters as they will cinch up that tight, but they won't slip or move on you, plus the white ones the light stick will shine thru, you can buy a bag of them at Lowes for less than $2.00...........Doc

6. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Zip tie a short piece of clear vinyl tubing to the end of your rod, then insert a glowstick in the end of the tubing. The glow stick only has to be inserted an eighth of an inch or so. Then all you have to do is insert a new glowstick when needed. I think the tubing is 1/8th, take a glowstick with you to make sure you get the right size. Can post some pics after the fish and camp if anyone is interested.

7. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Bam thats a good ideal with the clear tubing, I think I'll try that.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are some good ideas, sure beat tape!

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Now I use that air-line tubing as my bead in front of my swivel. If you wrap a small piece of tape around the tip of your rod, you can safely super-glue a piece of tubing to the tape (protecting the rod) then insert the glow stick. Wicked how this brotherhood works together!

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Whats the matter with tape? I use scotch tape in one of those little dispensers. Take about an inch an a half piece, put your light stick neer one end and wrap, couldn't be easer and holds in the rain! Plus you don't have any light blockage. If I have the long light sticks with a bracelet connector, I just loop them around the rod tip. Only thing is you have to take them off when you cast.