1. Night Owl

Night Owl New Member

State:
    Montana, (Billings)
    On Mothers day just a few days ago My wife, 3 kids and I Went to a local lake to try to get some fishing in together, you see its not often we all get to fish together. It's a nice retreat at this park for the kids especially because they can feed the geese and ducks at close range; and they enjoyed it thoroughly. When it came time to wet a line, about a half an Hour in, my older son Jayden, 5, becomes discouraged. There are other kids running up and down the bank showing little Sunfish and Crappie to their adoring parents while Jayden can only watch sadly. You see he has been fishing several times with me but has never landed so much as a stick let alone a fish. He's been having trouble fitting in at School. He Feels left out because his youngetr brother Zach gets all the attention since he dove off his top bunk and broke his arm, requiring surgery and a cast for a month. Anyhow he gets a few nibbles but decides hes done fishing. Guess thats all it took was to start reeling in cuz he damn near gets drug in the water when his bobber disappears. And after about 5 minutes of me holding the line and pulling in the slack while he reels in the excess , he gets about an 8-10 lb sucker fish on his Batman Pole with 6 lb test. But just before he lands it on the bank the line snaps, but not before i realize my wife is filming the whole thing. Jayden got to see him splashing around right in front of him and his face was lit up like the Fourth of July Skies. Once we got the broken line reeled in we realized the Fish had snapped the hook in two. What a Well needed moment in his life. He was back on top as the center of attention and the envy of all the kids nearby, as they stood there cheering him on. Thank God For Small miracles, and I'm talking about My son, And the fish, In that order. Take a Kid fishing!!! P.S. - He was the only one in the family to catch a fish that day. Thanks for taking the time to share this story with Us. Geoff (Night Owl) Cloutier

2. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Its GREAT to see that you include the whole family. Hope you have many more Great Times.
    Walt

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    His time will come. Ya gotta get em in a spot filthy with gills. That will cure him for good. Thanx for sharein.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Thats awesome! I enjoyed teaching my niece to fish and how she lit up when she got one. Now I cant wait for my daughter to grow up so I can teach her to hunt & fish. Shes only 9 days old so I have to learn more patience (like us catters need anymore..lol)

5. Night Owl

Night Owl New Member

State:
    Montana, (Billings)
    9 days old wow, being a new parent means less time fishing but also a fresh start. Now you can shape and mold her into a future BOC SOC member. Congrats and be proud, as I'm sure you are. Thanks for the news and good luck when you finally see the water again! Geoff (Night Owl) Cloutier

6. Night Owl

Night Owl New Member

State:
    Montana, (Billings)
    If i had never been shown the beauty of fishing, i wouldnt have ever sought out this site. I Always tell my wife to get off those chat sites; that they are a waste of time and pointless. Now she gives me crap cuz i cant get away from this forum, thankfully. I only have a couple friends that are serious about getting out there and wettin' a line. And the rest just tag along to drink my beer. I'm happy to report that i only invite the buddies who share an interest now. A cold beer is refreshing on the river on a hot summer night, but i'm realizing that catfishing takes more sensibility and focus than just attaching a bell and sittin back and drinkin. Don't get me wrong, its enjoyable, but being able to drive home safely and get back out there tomorrow is more responsible and more fun. My Uncle from Minnesota turned me on to fishing again when i was 12, after several years of lost interest. And i'm almost 31 now and i can vividly remember the details that he taught me to this day and i apply them in my every fishing trip. Someday i'll make it to a gathering and i anticipate it with every passing day. Thanks to everyone here who makes this site so humbling. Geoff (Night Owl) Cloutier

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    A couple of great posts Geoff! Keep the family out there fishing! Good luck and I hope you all catch some big ones!:cool2:

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad you got to take the family out fishing, this is something they will never forget.