ATM pin #

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ldkitch, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    I dont know if there is any truth to this, but a friend of mine sent this to me so I thought I would share it with all of you....

Billie Davenport
    Court Advocacy Department
    Brenda D. Cowan Coalition for Kentucky, Inc.
    859-276-4457 x 239

Pin numbers in Reverse

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in Reverse.

For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in 4321.
    The ATM recognizes that your pin number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine.

The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

This information was recently broadcast on FOX TV and it states that it is seldom used because people don't know it exists.

Please pass this along to everyone possible.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm goin to the bank and try it out. LOL! THANX! I think. LOL!

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    BG let us know how it works. mite want to wait for warmer weather though. you could be waiting a while!

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I would recommend having a plan "B" ready to go:

http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/pinalert.asp

"This seemingly helpful heads-up began circulating on the Internet in September 2006. However, "seemingly" is the best that can be said of it at this point, in that entering one's Personal Identification Number (PIN) in reverse at Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) does not summon the police"

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The best protection is a large frame .44 .
    If you run out of bullets you can kill him with blunt force trauma.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

THANX! Another experiment foiled by facts. LOL!

7. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    Thanks for the info...like I said before, dont know if there was any truth to it or not so I thought I would throw it out there to get ya'll opinon....

8. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    If you Snopes this, it is False, it really doesn't work. Snopes, explains it better why it doesn't work. It has something to do with, if you had pin # 2772 or such, you couldn't really do it backwards.
    Good post though Lori.

:big_smile:

I see someone already beat me to it.....lol

9. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY

Thanks Al for the info!!!

10. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice write up:big_smile:

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i use this to push the pin #s and i have never had anyone try to rob me at the atm .. but they really freak out when i use it in the drivethru at the bank... :eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  13. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    Your crazy Adam!!!!!LOL:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have never used a ATM. I dont believe in them. I have pulled up to one at night and took a leak. Used it to hide the noticeable things.:smile2:
    I guess if a robber tried to rob me at the time, not only would he get a wet shoe and rusty gun, he would have to shoot me cause I have no ideal if I even have a pin number. Thats if I didnt draw first. :eek:oooh:

After reading this, no need to go to snoops. If it was true, I would think the bank would let you know.
    Its a good ideal. seems the bank should give you an assistance number to put in that does call police , in case that does happen. great ideal for folks who go for cash in middle of night. LOL

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i agree mark. someone pulls a gun on me at the atm someone aint walking out. i aint giving the crook nothing. he might want to summon the police after he swalleys his gun,lol.