Atlanta Coach Quits

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Ulikedew, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Just saw on the news the Bobby Petrino is calling it quits.According to the Louisville news hes going to be a Razorback.In a way I can't blame him he started off this season screwed by Vick.
    To all you Razorback fans you will be getting on hell of a coach.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    He is a great coach and i will be anxious to see if he can bring our program to the next level. GO HOGS!!

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    He will bring your program to a new level.Just give him a good QB and you got it made.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    We'll have to give him time to recruit a good quarterback, the one we have now is terrible. When your quarterback is named dick and your coach was named nut you know your pretty much doomed:smile2:.

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Johnnie that was a good one.Hope the hogs do will witha new coach.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    win lose or draw hog fan forever.wishing our new coach luck.i hear he speaks his mind and if he does he want last long.our sports director likes to do the coaches job from the side lines.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :smile2:Now that is just funny!:smile2:

8. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have to agree;
    I thought this was FUNNY TOO!:smile2:
    My two cents worth but I will have to say "Watch out for those Razorbacks next season!!!"
    Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Msg]]]]]

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I couldn't believe it either when I saw that on ESPN yesterday! He just got in the NFL and now he's gone before his first season is over.:confused2: He's a hell of a coach, but you have to question his loyalty a little, even though if it was me I would have gotten out of dodge if I was the coach of the crappy Atlanta Falcons.lol:smile2:

10. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Agreed, at least for now he is with the Razorbacks, we shall see in a year. It is amazing how many successfull collage coaches can't make the transition to the pro football. It was a bad situation in Atlanta and did not look to be getting better. I guess if it isn't for him and he is happy with himself who am I to say anything, right?
    I have always say that you need to be happy with your decisions and I hope he is.

11. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Man, I'm a Pats fan but I feel for Arthur Blank! This guy stood by Michael Vick, even pushing him around in a wheelchair when he had his leg injury. Then he stands by his coach in the midst of a 3-10 season (so far); and he gets the screws put to him by both of them. Arthur Blank seems like a stand up guy. I think that he deserves better than Vick and Petrino. I hope that they do well in the draft, and come out swinging next year. Sorry Razorback fans but I need a delivery driver, it's a low pressure job. If Petrino meets with any adversity in Arkansas he just may jump at the opportunity:smile2:.

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You still have a great running back

13. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Good luck with those delusional hog fans, they ran a good coach off and then got turned down by thier next 6 choices.
    At least now, we dont have to hear about Ark.'s job opening.

14. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I just can't stand when coaches pull stunts like this. They get to the NFL and then run when they can't win 12+ games. Saban did the same thing in Miami. They just seem like cowards. Be a man and step up to the challenges that are in front of you.

15. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Just a heads up to ALL you HOG fans...
    You got a GREAT young kid that was a red shirt this year... Taylor Huskision. He will dress for the Cotton Bowl!
    He was a GREAT HS QB, he worked on the practice squad this year ...but he RAN OVER the #1 defense at ARKANSAS. They could NOT stop him.
    QB, RB, WR, you name it. There ain't much this boy can't do.

Remember...you heard it on the BOC first !!!

16. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah, where did you get that one at? I've been hearing that on ESPN all week.ROTFL!! Saban, yah he did try to go from college to the NFL and now he's back in the college league isn't he.LOL!:smile2:

17. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    True, but you can't accuse that sports director of not making good coaches. He just received one of the highest honors in college football at the awards show. I didn't know the history behind him and he's awsome. When he was the coach for the hogs, his assistants were Jimmy Johnson and Berry Swisher. I think they said they were the only two coaches to win a National Championship and a Superbowl as headcoaches.