Atchafalaya River Catfishing

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by basinmaster, Nov 8, 2007.

1. basinmaster

basinmaster New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Anybody been fishing the Atchafalaya River lately?

2. Rogue

Rogue New Member

State:
    US Louisiana
    Used to fish it out of Butt la Rouse and henderson but toooo many fisherman now for me .Now i fish out of delcambre and Intercoastal city .brackish marshes full of catfish

3. mullyden

mullyden New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Welcome to the BOC, master. I haven't fished the Atch. We pretty much focus on the Mississippi. If you try it please post and let us know how it is. Thanks

4. basinmaster

basinmaster New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    That is the only river I fish. The seals on my lower unit are leaking, so I am boatless at the moment, but hope to have it repaired soon. I usually do pretty well in the late fall until it gets really cold or the river starts to rise.
    I will post a report as soon as I get back out on the water.

5. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Hey man welcome! I fish out of Lafayette here and want to start hitting the Basin soon for some of those monster flatheads I hear about, I just don't know where to begin though!!:embarassed:

6. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    anyne recomend a guide or a float trip down river ? :cool2:

7. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Craig. I live in Abbeville and work in Lafayette at the airport. I usually fish the marsh out of Intracostal. I had never fished the Atchafalaya until last year. The guys here at work had been tearing up the cats there so I went and gave it a try. I must have picked a bad day because I scratched. I sure did like the area though and might go back. I have to admit that I am a marsh junkie though and rarely go anywhere else. Good luck to you on your next trip.:006:

8. Rogue

Rogue New Member

State:
    US Louisiana
    Hey Randall was at the Game Wardens camp tuesday caught 15 specks ,17 catfish and 7 reds at the 4 mile cut fish are running out at redfish point

9. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Welcome to the BOC Craig.