At the voting booth

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i went about 11 this morn and it was pretty busy so i came back and voted in the afternoon. had a lot of customers tell me that their polling booths were busier than normal.

what about those here that voted? was the turnout higher than normal when you voted?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The booths in my area were normal. But Chicago makes all our decisions anyway. That is a boomer.

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Haven't gone yet Phil. Will do so tonight when Nancy gets off work. The county I live in is 85 % Democrat. I am a Republican. It is like spitting or peeing in the wind, but I go anyhow. Gives me the right to bitch later.

The problem as I see it is not so much that it don't do me any good it is that I sure am going to miss what I have known for 64 years. We need some stops or obstacles for whoever is in power and I think that that is all going to change tonight.

An informed public is necessary. I just think that the public was not as informed as it should have been.

Later, John.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We walked right in and voted, in and out in a few minutes. But that was on Oct. 20th. :wink:

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    In and out here in the hoosier state.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    My wife and I voted using absentee ballots. Kind of nice, so you can take your time and not feel rushed in the process.:wink:

7. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    Me and my wife voted early (Oct. 31). Wasn't crowded at all.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Well I know of at least 15-20 people that will be unemployed after ther boss reaches 245.000 for next year. They wont pay the additional taxes and will have a great vacation.There employees are on there own as they will be status changed to 1099 self employed. There questions are.....what will I do? The reply... ask OBAMA! BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR, YA JUST MIGHT GET IT.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I was in and out in 3 minutes or so. :wink::cool2::smile2:

What I don't understand is Obama won by a ton of Electoral votes and had like 62,202,520 Popular votes, winning by approx. 7 million....Can that many people really be clueless and have no idea? Not referring to anyone on this thread, just others I've read...:confused2:

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    In and out 15 min. Now we will just have to wait and see what happens????????????????????????????

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    In my humble opinion, most people do not research the candidates. They vote for the best looking, or the one closest to their state of residence, or for perhaps the most articulate speaker. They don't take the trouble to read all their little campaign speeches where today they are for this and tomorrow it's that. All politicians are two faced and tell you exactly what you want to hear to get your vote... and believe me, that is all they care about you. We shall see if during the next four years the promises were made out of both sides of the same mouth. Bet they were.