At least wife got new PB

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by whisker maniac, Mar 30, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I took a trip and fished with Johnnie. aka, Poisonpits and Cass, aka, Cassk last year and caught a nice blue of 24lbs. Biggest Blue I had ever caught on a rod and reel. I enjoyed myself immensely and the country side in those small mountains are just gorgeous. So, I definitely planned to go back.

I planned a trip for this year and took some vacation time to do it hoping to get there a little earlier to have a little more time to fish. This year my wife was able to go with me also and I had hoped to get her on a nice fish as well as she has never caught a big fish and has always been afraid to do so.

The weekend prior to our trip was just beautiful. You couldn't ask for nicer weather and this was getting me excited with great expectations for our trip. Spring is definitely here and I was ready.

Later in the week I kept watching the weather and the forecasts just kept changing and getting worse. By Thursday they were calling for all kinds of different weather throughout the weekend but I had already taken vacation and my wife had worked extra on the Saturday before so she could be off that Friday.

My wife called me Thursday all excited about the trip and said lets just go ahead and leave this evening. I already had most of our gear ready to load so I started loading it and getting everything in the truck.

We finished packing and loading everything in the truck after she got home and away we went.

We were driving right towards where the storms were to be coming from and wouldn't arrive at our destination until after dark and then we would have to set up our tent in the dark. Well we've done that before so that was no big deal.

As we got close to our destination all "Heck" burst loose.. I couldnt' even see to drive so we pulled over into a car wash and pulled up into one of the stalls to wait it out.

While we sat there we called Cassk on the cell phone and she got to asking us where we were. When we told her she said they are tracking a Tornado thru there right now. I told her I think we done drove thru it.

It wasn't long after that we were on our way again. We arrived, set up camp, and went to bed as it was late by the time we got all that done.

During the night it stormed something fierce and turned off cold. It rained on and off for all the next day and nite and turned even colder. We didn't get to fish much at all Friday or Saturday but ended up having to fish for bass instead cause we couldn't get out to where the blues would be.. The wind was still blowing something fierce. With some as high as 56mph.

We woke up Saturday morning to sleet hitting our tent and then when the sun came up it turned to snow. This day was crapped out also.

The forecast showed that the temp was going to drop all the way down to the mid to low twenties that nite so Johnnie insisted that we go to his house to stay the night so we did.

Sunday turned into a beautiful day tho and warmed up fast. We fished some that afternoon and my wife caught her first big blue. It was a nice looking one too. It weighed 28.4 lbs

I missed one that could have been a good one also... I was busy taking pics of my wife with her fish when my bobber went out of sight and by the time I got back to it I had lost it.

I did catch a couple of small dinks tho...

But My wife catching a nice one was one of my goals for this trip so we did reach one of our goals and there is always other trips and chances for me too reach mine.

here some pics.....

Attached Files:

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    If you ever get a chance to go fish with Johnnie and Cass do it... They are great people and they are the type of folks that make the BOC great.

Thanks Johnnie and Cass for being such gracious hosts.

Here are some more pics.....

Attached Files:

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Kevin thanks for sharing the story and pictures. Tell you wife congrats on the new PB. Not a better way to spend the time off. Reps to ya brother

Tom

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sounds like an interesting trip Kevin. Glad yall made it through the storm.
    Congrats to your wife on the nice bluecat.

5. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Congratulations to your wife on here PB.:cool2:

6. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    congrats to your wife on the PB...:wink:

7. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks for the story & pics,congrats on wifes pb. it's SPRING let the catching begin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope my first trip I catch something outher than a cold:smile2:.

8. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Congrat to the wife on her PB.

9. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Congrats on a great trip Kevin! I am glad your wife caught a new PB!

10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Congrats on a great trip Kevin! I am glad your wife caught a new PB!

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Wow Kev, sounds as if y'all had to get through a LOT for your lovely wife to catch that blue!!! I'm so glad ya finally ended up with one good day to fish. CONGRATULATIONS to her, give her a congratulatory hug from me please.

I DO have a bone to pick with ya though....what kind of a thread title is THAT? "At least?" Since you're so keen on your loved ones catching big fish, I'd think you could've done a bit better. :wink:

Johnny and Cass, I'm comin', I'm comin'.......SOMEday! :cool2:

12. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Kevin, Tell you wife congrats on the new PB Blue.:smile2::wink:

Thanks for sharing the pics and the story:smile2:

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kevin thanks for sharing your trip and pics. Enjoyed. Say congrats to your wife on one nice PB. Reps.

14. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    A BIG congrats to the wife on her P.B., I'm glad you had a good time:wink:

15. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the post. Great story! I would love to have my wife tie into a fish like that. Her day is coming

16. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Tell you wife congrats on the new PB:wink:

17. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    So glad you and Angel braved the weather and stuck it out all weekend.. Sunday was worth waiting for, weather in Arkansas sure can change FAST lol
    It was way to kool to be there when Mrs.Kitty got her new PB blue!! She was so calm and did it right, took her time and landed it. You forgot to say that she kissed it before she put it back in the water!!!! Rep's to you Angel on a good job!!!! Hope you all can come back real soon... Cass

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks brother for the report and pics. 5 stars!

19. shadchucker

shadchucker New Member

State:
    indiana
  20. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats to your wife on a new PB.