At a loss for words...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rcbbracing, Mar 22, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Okay was out this morning...third attemp ive given at catfishing this spring. No luck again...not even a nibble...I threw cut shad homemade dough bait and liver with no turnout tho my buddy caught the first fish ive seen all year....a 3lb channel on night crawler...Im cursed i guess...lol I even fished on bottom and with a bober...i was fishing in bout 6 feet of water...the water temp was 45 degrees...i was on kokosing resevoir in ohio....any suggestions....the lakes deepest point is 10 ft...not a huge lake...there is an old river channel ive heard good things about tho i couldnt find it today...any suggestions? Ive switched baits, time of day, and even lakes...im going crazy...cant even sleep at night without thoughts of the years first cat...thanks

2. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    take it slow:0a10:i JUST got my first of the year and it was 3 rd time out this year to.

3. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    i got mine on a chunk of gill , and my 2 nt one was on the gill head .first 1 was a 2 lbs che on a chunck about 3 feet deep while i was trolling it and stoping for a min then trolling , all the way back to me troll slow, my 2nt was under a bobber 4 feet deep on gill head it was a 3 lbs flathead

4. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'd use nightcrawlers or cut bait this time of year.Chubs live or cut work good for me in the spring

5. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was out friday evening for few hours and today for a while cut chubs produced the most action.

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man just keep at it, its been a bed year for me period. These kitties will be turning on here real soon. Just hang in there.:wink:

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Which side of the res. were you fishing? I would try the upper most end of the res. if possible. I would also try and target the channel. Wish you better luck next time. Keep after em'...

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My buddy just caught the first cat of the year for us yesterday in the Ohio. 10 # Blue. We couldn't get a bite all day until we netted some shad cut one in half and threw it right back in.

9. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    dont know that lake, but the two lakes i fish ive been out 3 times and had nibbles and bites but nothing so far either, lakes are a different beast when fishing for catfish, like everyone else has said, cut bait, creek chubs, nightcrawlers, and let the sun warm the water up some and find that creek channel, other than that give it some time.

10. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Don't give up. We have caught a lot of fish this year since Jan 2nd ,but they mostly came from the river. With about forty hours invested in lake fishing the one I caught Saturday gives me a grand total of two fish out of lakes this year. But the fish are coming ,bait is starting to come to the top in the afternoons and it will happen soon.

11. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    best bet is a shallow,windy side of the lake where the dead shad from the winter kill is being washed up on shore.shallow flats are good in the middle of the day when the sun is beating down on it this time of year,they will come up on the flats and eat and soak up some of the warm sun.