Astros Fans?

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by LakeHoustoncatkiller, Mar 7, 2008.

1. LakeHoustoncatkiller

LakeHoustoncatkiller New Member

State:
    TX
    Any 'Stros fans on here? Been one all my life. How you think they're going to do this year?

2. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I am also a life long fan. They have a chance in a weak central. I am very worried about the pitching. You are going to see a lot of close high scoring games this year. The problem I have with Wade is that he knows hitting and will bring in hitters and the Astros will draft good hitters but he know very little about pitching. He never really had much luck with pitching or drafting pitchers when he was the gm of the phillies. Lets just hope he proves me wrong.

3. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    WHAT?:crazy::crazy::eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink::smile2::roll_eyes::eek:oooh:

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    a weak central? i think you should rethink that one.

5. PaCatfishHunter

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    Just wait and see. By the all-star break we will see how weak the central is.

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I WAS A FAN WHEN THEY WERE THE COLT 45'S AND HAD THE TOY CONNON JIMMY WYNN DO YOU REMEMBER THAT????

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    as of now, the top three teams of the nl central have more combined wins than the top three of any other dividion. that includes the al east!

8. PaCatfishHunter

State:
    Greensburg, PA

I was not around when they were the colt 45's . I have learn a lot about the colt 45's as I am a baseball junkie. I watch them as a little kid but it was in 83 or 84 that I said that this is my favorite team (I was 9 or 10 and started to play baseball). My first game was in 1990. Me and a couple of friends took a road trip to Houston and watch a couple of games. I later moved to Houston area and went to many games.