Assiniboine River fishing

Discussion in 'CANADIAN CATFISH' started by Eric Wood, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Eric Wood

Eric Wood New Member

State:
    manitoba
    hi Brothers hows things, i went fishing today, fishing for Waleye knowing there on the run. So, i cought 1 walleye, on a pickerl rig, 1 sturgeon around 37-38" and a channel that was about 25-27". It was a good day

2. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    How is the catfishing in Canada? Nice channel in the pic. The catfishing out here in Cali is pretty good for channels. I would assume the fishing gets slow for cats in the winter. Doesn't it get pretty cold up there?

3. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    yeah along about december the water gets kinda hard.

Granted you can break or drill holes it in, but trolling gets a lot tougher. :)

I've never caught a cat through the ice, but then I've never tried either. I suspect they would be pretty slow. Ice is tricky enough on still water until it gets thick. On rivers its even worse as currents can change and eat out ice from below.
    Leaving just a thin film with snow on top waiting to catch the unwary.

4. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i've read articles of channel catfishing right after ice outs, that's kinda a diffrent kindof ice out that you all get i'm sure

5. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Good catch man. Are there alot of cats in CANADA?

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
  7. Eric Wood

Eric Wood New Member

State:
    manitoba
    the channels slow about october, freakin shyty if u ask me, and yeah canada gets pretty cold but im kinda used to it, the ice fishing i do is on a lake not to sure if theres channels but i do go walleye fishing on the lake. Town of Rivers manitoba, lake wanatopanah. i ice fished on the Assiniboine River but its a very low river, hard to find the really big holes where potential cats hang out or even walleye. ttyl:wink:

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Never thought about cattin in Canada fished Lake Mistasin years ago as a teen love them walleyes and northerns !