aspearagus Southwest Iowa style

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by FLETCH, Apr 26, 2009.

1. FLETCH

FLETCH Member

State:
    Villisca Iowa
    Name:
    Ron
    Got me a bunch of aspearagus coming up this year going to be a real good year for it. already harvested the first bunch'tasted really good. got some pic' to hope they come thru.

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Allrite! Hands down one of my top 3 favorite vegtables. Ya best have alot if I'm comein for supper. That first pee is gonna be a good one. LOL!

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nothin better than freash asperagas smothered in cheese sauce.:cool2:

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We will have a lot to this year Fletch. We are over in Eastern Iowa, so ours will taste better. Get better sunshine here. LOL. We don't eat much of it, give it away.

My wife Nancy took what I picked this morning to town to give it to some folks. Think she had a coupla pounds.

5. FLETCH

FLETCH Member

State:
    Villisca Iowa
    Name:
    Ron
    No WAY POSTBEETLE your's couldn't taste better because I USED THE SAME chicken manure I used on that melon I grew rememember you seen the pic. but good from hearing from ya anyway's.

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I hope to get some started this year, gonna take some work later in June I might have time to do it. SW Mn. Can;t do much else, ain't got time to weed it. If I'm not there the neighbors will appreciate it.