Asking For your opion or advice

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman4926, Aug 26, 2008.

1. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have been noticing that some new members asking for help and options and advice. I saw a post this morning that a newbie was asking about a fishing rod. I would think he was asking because he did not no. This one brother replied LOL , now what do you think this young man thinks of the BOC now. Just remember folks we were new to this at one time. I think when Paul stated the BOC that was what he had in mind was to help every body that was interesting in catching catfish. So the next time you answer someone give it to them straight or just do not say a word let someone else reply. And there is no reason to bash any manufactures equipment just give a straight answer and then let them make there choice. Also I see some bashing our sponsors and that should never happen as they are the ones that help keep the BOC on here and no charge to us. So every time you give an answer think what you say.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    This would be a shame for a member to poke fun at a new member. I hope none of you member are guilty of such a shameful act. I have not read the post and hope I do not find it.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    It's there and I am ashame that someone would say that

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    This is definatly not good the ones of us who have our buddies ....nothing wrong with a tastful ribbing/bashing but not to the newbies..........Just not real cool!

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    lets hope just a misunderstanding

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Kenny,
    Even if it's your bubbie a newbie does not know that ,I thank if you want to do that it should be done in a PM ( just my 2c's

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Harold,I been lookin at the rod threads,And I think I saw the post you are referring to,Might want to look at the whole post and think about it ,I don't think he was referring to the rod as much as a quote.

8. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I think many us could at times be guilty of being misunderstood, or saying something the wrong way...

You know IMHO the sure answer to such problemsis for you to put a clear courteous post explaining that the post someone made doesn't seem appropriate.

perhaps the poster hadn't thought about how it would sound..perhaps the poster wanted to be sarcastic, or humorous... Even if the poster was none of these things he have it pointed out..

THAT is unless the post is simply too offensive to be tolerated in a public forum. THAT is what the report button is for..

but if it falls short of being intolerable, yet seems bad in some way. A reply from the community, will make good impressions to a newbie. And demonstrate that this is a welcoming forum that wants to be welcome, courteous and helpful.

And BTW if y'all have any problems With my posts you should SPEAK up.

I appreciate the reminder to be careful how to say things.

(NOTE to mouth; do you obey commands to bite foot...)