Ask and you shall receive! - Found some good Catfishing spots

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by SangamonCatKiller, Feb 11, 2006.

1. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    I know I just posted pictures of a new area that we had found but, today we got permission from a private land owner to a money hole!!! His drive goes all the way to the river and accesses to some of the best spots I have seen up till now. All it took was me and another guy asking the land owner if he knew any access points in that area. He says"yah right here". He was a very cool guy and only wants us to keep it clean. Here they are!!!:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b113/BOCpics/p county locations/

http://photobucket.com/albums/b113/BOCpics/p county locations/p county 2/

Click on some of those and have a close look at my new unfished hole!!!!!

2. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois

3. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    Considering that most of this river is open field this is some serious cover!!

4. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    man, I'm telling ya'. I cannot quit thinking about that spot now. I told the guy I would only be out there no more than twice a month. With my other holes I will be able to rotate the spots and keep pressure off of all of them. I can't tell you how happy I am. That mile stretch of river is nothing but log jams all the way through. An island in the middle right at a sharp bend, with logs stuck to the outside of it. The neighbors dog to follow us in..... ah! nature. To think ol' 5 gallons said I would bust out today!!!

5. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    You must have had a halo over your head when you asked him for access. Nice spots!

6. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nick,

Have you caught catfish outta that river before??

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    looks really shallow for the most part,but i did see those deeper spots you were talking about in there.Is it even deep enough for the cats to swim into those deeper spots?If it is id say your in a good spot there.Ive been looking at a simalar looking spot around here but i didnt know if it would be to shallow or not.Im not really sure how shallow a flathead will go into anyone know?

8. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    most of that is 4 ft or deeper, just looks shallow cuz it's clear. And yes all of my cats have come out of this river..

9. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Wanna trade nights fishing??? I've got a spot on the Rock River that my uncle owns with boat access. Straight across the river from the launch is 4 different log jams. similar to what you took pics of. They rarely get touched, and I'm thinking of using his John boat this year to hit them.

Ray

10. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    You'll have to pm me sometime when it gets closer to fishing season. I think I'm gonna try and do some depth checking today if I can get out there.

11. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Those areas look really good. Sure was nice of the land owner to allow you access. If he was a member I would be sure to give a BIG rep point. Good luck and let us know how well you do there.

12. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey thats the spot i caught that 90lber out of last year. naw just kidding if need someone to hold the bait bucket just let us know im sure one of the brothers can do that for ya. great looking spot

13. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    Yep, he sure was a great guy. If he was a member I would find every post of his and rep him for everyone. I wish all landowners were as nice as he was. He looked like an outdoorsman so I figured we had a decent shot when we saw him. His only stipulations were no messes, no loud music ,three people at a time and no hunting his deer!

14. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Cretainly a modest and most reasonable request on his part. Have you thought about taking him with you on an outing?

15. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    most defintely. If he wants to come I am all for it. I would love to help him get into some big flattys. He did mention that he had some younger sons that liked to fish so maybe they can tag along with us sometimes.

16. flatcatnightmare

flatcatnightmare New Member

State:
    south east Indiana
    Thats great sangomon , like winning the lottery , I have a spot here on the GMR that the owner gave permission on just about the same terms , and you can drive all the way to the river, accessing spots like these with permission is mostly rare due to litterbugs and idiots , its great to see that the bone heads haven't messed it up for all of us, great pics looks like some sweet fishing holes.

17. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Sounds as if you can bring on a couple of new members to the BOC.