Asian Carp

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by mikey823, Aug 24, 2007.

1. mikey823

mikey823 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have heard that Asian carp are good to eat, can anybody confirm that? I fish Carlyle Lake a lot and there is a lot of them in the spillway and at times are easy to catch. Last time I was there I saw several big ones laying around people threw on the bank. I have cleaned many carp in my day but never Asian carp so how would you clean Asian Carp?: :tounge_out:

2. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    From what I've read on line from the Peoria newspaper, you don't need to fish for them. Just run your boat down the river around Beardstown and they'll jump into the boat. Saves money if you eat em since you won't have to spend money for bait.

4. mikey823

mikey823 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the very interesting article about asian carp, if I get hungry enough I may give them a try.
    :big_smile:

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i still have not tried it but a friends grandpa gets fish once a year for a fish fry from a commercial fisherman in hudson il hes friend with. last two years the guy has let him have 40lbs of catfish but only will give him 15 of asain carp. both years my buddie said the carp was gone before they even start on the channel cat. he said it tastes like a giant white bluegill fillet.