asian carp

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by slikk03, Jun 6, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    anybody know how the carp are affecting the catfish, i just learded that they are in my local lakes now,what will be the outcome, they will be in every body of water in four years time, ive not heard much bad about how their affecting other fish, not cats anyway

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I haven't heard either, but one thing's for sure...they are taking up the catfish's room and resources. That and they are dangerous. :angry:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Has to be affecting the Catfish in some respect.The stupid things eat just about anything I think.Not good for nothing except BAIT.And as Matt said very dangerous

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i just think nater wil cause disease in them, overpopulation and die offs wil occur, so far only one of my places has been afected hope it dont ruin it soon, at least give us ten years,of good ctfishing, the next gen, will be like man look i caght a 200 pound carp,lol kill em all

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    our regs say kill kill kill do not release alive. they are said to be great for what mrr said BAIT. i shure wouldnt mind trying them for bait. ought to make for some good big bloody strips of cutbait.

7. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Are they silvers or bigheads? I read one of them was good to eat? If they come here, maybe the lakes and rivers wouldn't be so green in the summertime.

8. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Also, if we got Silvers, it would cut down on those speedboats and jetskis.

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've seen several caught this year by crappie fishermen using minnows on floats....and most of them weighed around 30 lbs. They put up a heck of a fight on a crappie pole and 8# mono. I heard they only eat plankton...but I'm beginning to wonder about that!:confused2:
    If something isn't done to stop them.....one of these days, they'll be the only big fish left in our waters. And That will suck!:angry:

10. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I rate em alongside roaches,rats ,nats and skeeters..kill em all!! then send the carcasses to north korea!:wink: