Asian carp tourney

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by fishinpals, Jul 23, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Asian carp tourney
    Snaggers are on the Illinois River today for Presley's Outdoors' first Asian carp snagging tournament and perhaps the first such event in the United States.
    Totals at Mendenhall Boat Ramp could be impressive. Bowfishers and snaggers agree the average size of Asian carp this year is up. "The standard fish is 4 pounds heavier," said Chris Brackett of Bartonville. "And we're getting nailed so much it's ridiculous. I'm going to start wearing a cup out there."
    Finally, there may even be a new carp sport on the horizon. Chad Snyder of Presley's said he saw one group of boaters wielding baseball bats in hopes of whacking a few carp.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I hope that they kill all of them. I'm sick of seeing the things thats for sure. I will add that in the town of Bath they have done some asian carp killing for sport. They need to keep it up until they have gpotten rid of every last one of them.

3. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I seen in the paper yesterday that a bar in bath is hosting the second annual redneck carp catching tournement. It will be held on august 26 th. For more info call309 546 2545. This is the one where they run around in baots and use dip nets to capture as many pounds of carp as they can 3 hours. The winning boat last year had over 1000 lbs of fish. Then they bury all the carp afterward. Sounds interseting.

4. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    ESPN may come this year to film it. Bigs news from Bath.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    For Bath that is huge news there isn't much at all to that place.

6. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I wanna get in that competition. It sounds like an absolute blast!