asian carp 3-5inches

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Catfish KID, May 21, 2009.

1. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    blues have been tearing them up, head and tail cut off and fresh. cant keep it on the hook they have been 10-20# so far and alot of them. just thought i let you know. above and below dam

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i need a net to get them man

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Been fishen with the lil big heads for 3 years now. Great bait blues and flats luv em. Just dont transport em fish with em where ya catch em. We dont want em spreading any further. Mo has a kill reg you can use em as dead bait only. Some idiot is gona get a few with shad and get em IN LOZ and other lakes then its goan be bad.Them things are thick here on the MO river. When they jump and hit ya it hurts lol got my ribs bruised last year by one. But other than that net em toss em on ice cut em 4 5 times good, head hook sling out and Hang on. And any ya dont use for cut bait ect tossem on the bank to die. And again plz dont transport em to any other lake or river. Thanks guys.

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i agree they are great bait, i dont think its gonna affect the catfish in the long run, over population causes desies in the species, eventaly they will be a regular native fish, but for now its still a concern, so lets kill em all.and use them for bait or something to benafit the land,and not trash the bank with dead carp lol that smells bad lol