Ashley river?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by snooker_hooker, Mar 31, 2006.

1. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    has anybody ever fished the ashley river. my friend lives on the river and he says that he gets a few cats every now and then. ashboroe east i think. ashley boat ram is just down the street from my house. i have seen a few people fish from the pier.

2. mjokerr

mjokerr New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I have fished the Ashley a few times and have caught nothing but a buzz.One of my friends said he caught a couple of trout there but nothing worth talking about.I dont ever think about going there anymore,just my opinion.

3. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    i guess that is why i never see anybody on it with a boat. the put in and head down river. i have never seen anybody head up river. i might go just to see what it is like up there.

4. ncharlestoncatman

ncharlestoncatman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nick, I fish the Ashley for catfish on an average of 1 to 3 times a week, depending on my work schedule. I generally try to fish the incoming tide, and I also do pretty good fishing the outgoing tide. The average size fish that I have been catching have been 2 to 4 pounds. Not monsters, but fun to catch and they make for some real good eating. As far as how per trip, I have brought home as few as 2 and as many as 14 on a real good trip. If you send me some contact information, I would be glad to get together and talk more about location,baits used, etc. I saw that you are in the Coast Guard. First and foremost, I would like to thank-you and all of your shipmates for the sacrifice you are making and the outstanding job you are doing for our country. I am retired from military service, so we have some things in common. My name is Howard Sosa and I live in North Charleston. I look forward to hearing from you. Take care and have a blessed Holiday season. Howard