Asain Carp are dying in Illinois!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dgde4x4man, Jun 5, 2006.

1. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I read a report from AP news this weekend that thousands of Asain Carp both the bighead and the silver (Silver are the ones that jump) are dying by the thousands in the Illinois River from Starved Rock down stream to Havanna. DNR does not know why but are not worried. They think it might be a virus that is related just to the carp. Finally a little good news!

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Good, it's a bad thing when any species gets a illness that thins them out like that, but for us it is a good thing. Slimy, stinkin, jumpin' fish!

Aaron

TA2D

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Good news! Now start thinning them out more by fishing for them and eating them. They're pretty tasty.

Eric

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What the H-E-double toothpicks is going on...? Mad cow disease, West Nile Virus, Bird Flu, now the Asian Carp Creepin' Crud... I'm almost afraid to leave the house...:lol:

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i hate to hear that i was just starting to take a likeing to those jumping archery targets

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    The best carp is a dead carp. They should have stayed in Asia.

7. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Those darn things cost me a nice catt max rod and an ABU reel. I was running up the wabash river last year doing about 20 mph. Those carp started to jump out of the water and keep up with me. I didnt have my rod and reel strapped down. One jumped into the boat and flopped around kicking the rod and reel in the river. I was mad as hell. The darn carp flipped back into the river so I couldn even through the thing on the bank for pay back.

It is always something!

D