As a kid with my dad

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by uttatoo, May 2, 2008.

1. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    WHEN I WAS YOUNG MY DAD WORKED HARD AND PUT IN 12 TO 14 HR DAYS IN CALIFORNIA AND WE LIVED IN IMPERIAL VALLEY AND WE LIVED ON A RANCH WITH A 100ACE POND ON IT AND THE OWNER HAD STOCKED IT WITH BLUES AND CHANNELS SO MY DAD NEVER HAD TIME TO ROD AND REEL FISH WITH ME SO I LEARNED ON MY OWN BUT HE DID SHOW ME HOW TO SET LINES AND LET ME TELL YOU I HAD FUN ME AND MY SISTER CAUGHT SOME NICE ONES GROWING UP AFTER WE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT USUALLY ONLY KEEPING 1OR2 FOR THE TABLE BUT AS YOU CAN SEE I GREW UP WITH FISH ON THE MIND

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Gus,It looks like you got it naturally,Just like alot of the rest of us.

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    you know it was hard but as a teenager about 15 i quit fishing untill i was 19yrs old because of everything in my schedule mostly girls kept me from going out but when i got back into it i trout fished for yrs untill i moved to oklahoma and to this day have been chasing the trophy cats

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great story, thanks for sharing. It just goes to show that if you fish as a child, you are going to fish as an adult. So lets all go out there and get some young people fishing....................maybe they will put down the video game.