Artest? Where is he going?

Discussion in 'LilRyjoe's NBA Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Jan 24, 2006.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Well I just found out that the Indiana Pacers and the Sacremento Kings are working on a deal. The Kings are in the works of trading Peja Stojakovic for Ron Artest! I don't know if this deal will go through or not, because Artest has been on the trading block for the past two months, but it will be interesting to see where he ends up. Will he be another T.O.? He is one of the leagues best defenders and can score pretty much at will, but one things for sure, he is a head case! (The Detroit Brawl) Would you want Artest on your team?:cool:

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Artest? Where is he going?.....Ultimately, jail if he doesn't get himself straightened out. Awesome player but not too smart...W

3. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    He may be a good player skill wise, but attitude wise he sucks. Not only the brawl, but then mid season he asks the Pacers if he can take a couple of monthes off to work on a rap album??????????? What kind of player mid season will ask for a couple of monthes off????

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Good point! Not only that, but how could you betray a team that keeps you after the whole Detroit incident, and gives you another opportunity to play? He has no loyalty to his team! I wouldn't want a teammate that would rather persue a rap career than play basketball professionally.? He's an idiot! I can't wait till the Pacers get passed this whole Artest deal. What a joke!! He's really bringing down the teams attitude and effecting the teams morale. Good riddens!:)

5. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Yeah Artest, T.O. and R. Moss all go in the same category: athleticly talented but their mental game sucks. they should just be happy to be playing sports for millions and quite whinning.

6. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Not too smart would be an understatement. I could post what he really is but I am sure it would be edited. You are treated like a king and make big $$$ doing (I suppose) what you love. I just dont get it. It would be nice to see teams black ball some of these type players but in this day and age of a "win at all costs" mentality intregity goes right out the window.

7. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

i agree completely. i think that sttitudes would be adjusted quickly if some of these players (T.O. and Artest) were unable to get jobs in profesional sports. When players finally figured out that if you have a bad attitude you are gone then I doub they would sacrafice their millions.

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    How many strikes does this guy get, or any of them for that matter. As soon as I heard Artest ask for time off, I would of said sure, take as much time as you need and find another team to play for. Hes a great talent but a mental dwarf. Just like T.O. and Moss I dont see him ever winning the big one. You need a team to win those not some talented thug that would rather be somewhere else.

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Artest has been seen at laker games, hanging around Los Angeles, plus he even expressed interest in playing for them. Kobe went on record of saying he would love to have him as a team mate. He may end up in L.A. That would help team be contenders in the west with his defensive skills and 20 point average.

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    He could definetly turn a team around for a while, if he and Kobe gel they could be awesome. I just seen on tv the peja trade was off. Artest said hes leaving everything up to his agent.

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yeah it is off. Plus I do no think he wanted to play In Sac town anyway. I do not think he would have made a good fit there. He is more of a big city type of person being from New York. He really is trying to dictate where he wants to go to if a team is willing to make a trade.

12. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    i will be glad when he is gone from the pacers, we don't need that kind of attitude on the team.

13. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I am not much of a basketball fan but I think that he should go to the Lakers where everyone of the players have the same attitude about everything.

14. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

i think it would be entertaining to watch Artest and Kobe trying to coexist if nothing else

15. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

The Pacers got a great steal Peja is a great shot and always hussels when he is on the floor, to get a player like that and get rid of an attitude like Artest, great deal for Indy

16. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yes! It's finally over! Artest is gone and the Pacers got a great player with a great attitude! I am so glad it's all over and done now. I think Peja will be a great fit for the Indiana Pacers. We needed a good perimeter player after we lost Reggie! Peja has a good outlook on the game and he is a good team player. I am looking forward to the rest of the Pacers' season!:)

17. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hasn't Peja been prone to injuries in the past?

18. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I just got through looking at his past track record and it looks really good. He has been in the league since 98 and has started pretty much every game. He only played 66 games last season, but started everyone of them. He's played in every game except the last one this season, so he doesn't look injury riddled. He's a great outside shooter and he's a great team player. Anything is better than having Ron Artest not playing and creating confusion within the team. I'm sure Peja will be a good fit for the Pacers.:)

19. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    The cancer isnt gone it has just migrated to another team. I think that he will definately help Sac town in the short term. It will be interesting to see how it plays out through next year when Artest gets bored and wants to cut another rap album. Nothing like having quality time with your producer. Gee think I'll go to work and say "Boss I need six months to have quality time with my fishing buddy cause were producing this new bait". I am sure my job would be safe....

20. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    LOL Mike!!:) Peja is working out good for the Pacers and Artest is working out good for the Kings (for right now.) Since Peja started playing the Pacers started off on a four game winning streak.:) The Pacers only lost to the Spurs by four points the other night so I'm happy that the deal worked out. It's only a matter of time before Artest blows up and needs to take some time off to work on his album.LOL The Pacers are looking up with Peja and I'm happy for them. Atleast they don't have to deal with Artests' crap anymore.