Art Linkletter

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I read a very interesting article about him, today. He is 94 and still married to his wife of 70 years. He works everyday, has outlived 2 children, and fights drug abuse among a lot of other things. He has ranches in Australia, is building a solar project of some sort.

Research him more if you like, but here is summary of his life link:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0512939/bio

The article I read was in the Profile mag. from a local newspaper. Sorry I couldn't find it online. Did anyone else happen to read the article?

Take care.
    Cheryl

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    He is just one of many memories I have of my childhood. Don't remember the name of the tv program but I can remember as a child watching him. Mercy that was a long time ago!:smile2:

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    PK....one of his programs was "Kids say the darndest things". Not sure if there was any more that he did.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cheryl, the first show I remember Art had was called "People Are Funny"... it ran in the mid 50's to up in the early 60's.

He was and still is quite a man.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hey guys and gals,

I found the original article I read online. Please check it out. It is a very enlightening article about how much Art Linkletter has accomplished in his long life. A genuine American icon.

http://www.americanprofile.com/article/19821.html

I especially like the poem at the end of the article.

Take care.
    Cheryl

6. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Wow...70 years of marriage. That's amazing.

7. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    That was an interesting article. I have alot of respect for successful down to earth people.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Some how I missed this post but ironicly today I posted a story about my little girl"KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS".......................COOL THANKS FOR THE INTERESTING INFO ALL