Arrowhead lake in Texas

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cnwamw, Mar 11, 2006.

1. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    well this has been about the fourth weekend i have fished thr derricks,island and bridge and not so much as a nipple any suggestions

2. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i havent been out to arrowhead in a while but i plan on heading out there asap to see if i can hook into a nice sized blue

3. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    are we refering to lake arrowhead next to wichita falls? if you are ive been catching some good blues there lately,, the fish are in shallow water right now ive caught all my fish in less than 4ft of water and most in 2ft or less find the necks with good cover and grass ive been fishing right in the thick of it and have landed a 20lb plus cat the last 2 trips out hope this helps caught on dks punchbait and mike kings punchbait.

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Don't give up bro, them bigguns are out there. When the weather starts getting warmer, go deeper, but for try the shallows man.
    What have you been using for bait ?

AL

5. kevinw

kevinw New Member

State:
    Burkburnett Texas
    Hes right. Shallow shallow shallow. The blues were in big schools last month in about 2-8 ft of water. They are biting on stink bait. Even the big uns. Lost one last week that bent my 9ft med heavy rod over. I had a small nick in my line that I had forgot to trim out and so guess where it broke. Im guessing he was 25 lb +. He doubled my pole over. The fight was great while it lasted. Once the cold front came through with all that rain the schools seamed to have broken up some. Im not catching them as heavily as I was before the front.

6. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    well went to arowhead again this weekend caught another bigun 32lbs we only caught 27 fish this trip ranging on average from 11/2 to 4lbs a few up to 8 and the one biggun so how do i post apic on here and i'll put it on here

7. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks for the help guys I am hoping to make out to arrow head this weekend. So should i still fish shallow. iam thinking of fishing the flooded brush and around docks. let you know how it goes

8. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    stay shallow and fish the brush and if your on the bank make sure your on the bank where the waves are coming too fish into the wind another tip is you may spook the fish so if you dont catch anything within a half hour then pick up and move 20 yards and so on and so on try those things and take your punch bait thats what ive been catching mine on. hope this helps