arrow wraps?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by massa_jorge, Jan 16, 2008.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i was picking up a fletching jig and adhesive, all the good stuff i need to redo my arrows, and i saw some things called arrow wraps. do these serve any function at all, or are they just to help locate an arrow after a pass through? i figure surely someone on here uses them or knows more about them. thanks!

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i was given some arrows with it on them. they are good for target shoots to distinguish your arrow, but i see no need for them while hunting. they do not seem to affect arrow flight, but are only for looks as i see it.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

They also help you locate your arrow after the shot and also to help you see where your shot placement as it happens while hunting. Its great for ground hunters but not much of an issue for the tree huggers up in the tree tops.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I like having a white wrap on my arrows. It helps me determine what blood is on the arrows after a pass through. It makes my arrows stand out a lot better to when I shoot. Plus it's just fun to play around and customize your arrows to make them look neat too. It's a fun hobby.

5. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    it is just an alternative to dipping your arrows,it does help to follow your arrow easier in flight and it looks cool.

6. crane

crane New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
    I have found that the fletching glue sticks better to the wraps resulting in less fletching coming off the arrow. A cheaper alternative to buying the wraps from a archery shop or outdoors store is to go to a sign shop and pick up the thinnest vinyl lettering material and cutting your own. The sign shops around here are willing to give away the small scraps left over and these work perfect for wraping arrows. Just measure the circumference of the arrow and length you want, and cut them to size, very easy.

7. jrbb00

jrbb00 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The other thing that the wraps do is when you go to refletch your arrows the fletching are glued to the wrap so just pull the wrap off and put a new one on. This is much easier than scraping all the glue off the arrow.

8. BRIANL

BRIANL New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I USE WRAPS THAT COME ON A ROLL (LIKE TAPE) THAT YOU CUT TO DESIRED LENGTH AND THEY HELP WITH SEEING YOUR ARROW IN FLIGHT QUITE A BIT. AND IT SEEMS TO HELP YOUR FLETCHINGS STAY ON YOUR ARROW BETTER TOO.