arrow shooting slingshot

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by flannelman, Nov 27, 2005.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

do any of u think a small buck could be brought down by a slingshot shooting arrows with a 40lb pull? im tryin to put one together for small game but i just found out that there are deer in the woods behind my house. im back there every day fishing, hunting, and just hangin out and never saw one before. yesterday i had the pleasure of comming within 5 feet of a nice little 6 pointer while fishin. he looked so tasty. :p

2. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    i guess anything is possible,but would it be legal? :confused: :rolleyes:

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    If you look on Falcon Archery site they sell a sling shot that shoots fiberglass arrows for bowfishing. ;)

4. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    ill second the post about the legality of this idea. while such a device sure sounds neato, i personally think its a tad irresponsible ethically as in my opinion you'd do little more than hurt the deer enough to run off and die a week later.

why not just use a bow? or better yet if legal in your state use a crossbow. another option is to use a handgun. pistol hunting for deer is quickly gaining in popularity and a .44 mag easily fits in a tacklebox.

5. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    yeah i would go with the ethics bit also and why take a chance of wounding it instead of doing it right,it don't sound like that sling shot would have enuff take down to do it right....everybody knows what momma said back in the day "if you're gonna do it do it right the first time"...lol......... :D