Around Collinsville...

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mudcreeker, Jan 2, 2009.

1. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I just got imported to the area from southern Oklahoma and am in need of some local advice on fishin holes. I live around Collinsville and looks like Oologah and Skiatook lakes are about the closest water around. Anyone ever do any good fishing from the bank in these waters? Had to sell my boat to get here, so I am a stinkin land lubber now! Just lookin for a place to go after some eatin cats. Any advice will be more than appreciated!

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    your not to far from chain of rocks bridge some good fishing there .
    also you might venture east about 40 miles to carlyle lake.
    or south to baldwin lake . if you like camping and fishing with the family come try washington county lake got some nice deer here also .

welcome to illinois brother wish i could help more around your area but the spots i told you about are great

3. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    You sure you know where you're at... or where I'm at catfisherman369?

4. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    don`t over look keystone or the verdigris,also grand lake and ft.gibson lake. these all involve a little driving but all are good fishing

5. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    when the water warms up, & the dam is letting water thru, u can go below the dam & catch alot of blues & sometimes flatheads. however, there is alot of cr*p under the water (theres alot of cr*p all over the banks) so prepare for snags.

6. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I just got a boat 3 years ago. So what I use to do is fish below Oologah dam alot and on the side with the boat ramp you can catch alot of good Catfish, Spoonbill, Crappie, Walleye, Striper/hybrids, and just about anything else at any given time. Best time is if they are running water for 3-4 days from 5,000 cfs to 10,000 cfs. You can check this out at this website
    http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/old_resvrept.htm

I have also fished at Winganon bridge that runs across the lake just under the bridge is good and anywhere along the riprap during the spawn of any fish.

Keystone below the Dam is also a great place to fish from the bank it is very user friendly and you can catch good catfish and stripers there. They generate every morning at day break and at night at dark almost everyday. There is a generation # you can call but I do not remember it.

Skiatook is ok at times from the bank on the lake side of the dam. If you get the Hybrids/Stripers and Sandbass around the spawn time the get up by the riprap and alot of people swear by it when they are going good. I have heard the Walleye are good there at night but I have not tried it. I would not want to walk around those rocks without a light at night I am too scared of snakes.

Hope this helps.

7. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Thanks guys for the replies. Hopefully that will get me started... and a little something for the skillet!

8. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I've caught alot of Hybreds below Skiatook dam,fishing with red minnows.The pan size cats are there too but you'll catch more hybreds 4 to 1.