Armed forces forum

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by armyfisher, Oct 21, 2008.

Would you support an Armed forces forum

1. Yes

2. No

3. Unsure

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. armyfisher

armyfisher Member

State:
    georgia
    Well I've given this some thought and would really like to put this into reality let me know what ya'll think. I would like to start an armed forces forum for retired, active, those coming into the service, and those patriots that want to support our troops. The basis of the forum would be to help out our men and women of our services. You would be able to give them tips on fishing in the area they are stationed at, Mabey even take a soldier fishing event. We have one here at Fort Gordon ever summer but its only for bass. For the soldiers that are deployed I would like to get something together like sending a goodie bag. I know in some areas there are some great places to fish in Iraq. There is a website that deals with fishing in iraq and afganastan its www.baghdadflyfishing.com i would like to work with them to get some gear over there or get some sponsorship going. There are plenty of other ideas that can come out of this, I just want to see what the rest of yall think about it. let me know brothers:big_smile:

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    That's a good idea. My stepson has done one stint each in Afghanistan and Iraq so we are familiar with sending the care packages. We'll be stating up again next spring when he goes back to Afghanistan. As for taking you guys fishing, that would be cool too. Sorry, no bass though:wink:...W

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    GREAT idea David. You got my vote!

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Go for it brother!!

5. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    I'm for it 100%! We've got 4 kids (including 2 son-in-laws) in the military. Two have already been to Iraq, and the other two are scheduled to go this year and next year. We support the troops 100% and it rips us to shreds to hear a soldier has fallen. I know it's part of war, but still, it hurts to hear it.

Ok, I've gotten off the subject, sorry... I think it's a great idea!

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Got my vote David I think its a great idea, I think on the old board there is a forum for Active/Reserve/Retired

7. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    got my vote. most of us vets on here come back to military subjects every now and again anyway. might as well have a place to talk about things...

8. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    They should have a lot of sand bass over there.:smile2:

9. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Anyone remember the military sections on the old site? Will this work? We had a few problems back then, can we do this without them here? I mean all you have to do right now to accomplish the same thing is to make a new thread and just keep up with it. We already have state fishing sections to ask questions about fishing in any particular area. Armyfisher, jot down your idea about this and send it to a staff member and we'll run it by Paul and the staff to see if it's feasible right now. Thanks.

10. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Got my vote! Hope they create one!

11. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I dont really think anyone would say no. And if they did it would probably be looked on as a treasonous act that would result in an online a$$ kickin. Send catfishcomando a PM.:wink:

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

I remember it well. If I'm not mistaken I had some pics in there. Along with the ones of Dayton and General Grant. LOL! :crazy:

13. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    what kind of problems?

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    BIg George,dont you mean of "Dayton WITH General Grant"?????:smile2::eek:oooh:

15. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Excellent endeavor! Put feet to your words now and get that going! :smile2:

I know I would contribute the same as I do here when I could, though I am not the greatest fishermen, and don't get to go much.

16. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Been a long time, but I seem to remember some of the guys we had on then getting into it because of the war or something. I'll hit Paul up with this and see what he says. I see no problem with it really, but if problems flare up we'll pull it like we did before. By the way for whoever it was that said treasonous for saying no? LOL I'm a 20 year army vet, how about you? Not that it makes a difference in how we run the BOC. And the good thing is that we can control online buttwhoopins. LOL We have that power. LOL

17. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i think it would be a good idea put it like hi opt in they deserve it

18. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC

I will keep my comments to myself about the problem persons, because of the way I personally feel about it. I try to keep my personal feelings to myself on things like this, because that's usually what sets off the problems in the first place.

As for the controlling the buttwhoopins and having the power. Ya'll do a very good job from what I've seen (yes, I know I'm new), and I thank you for it!