arm wrestling

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by catfishscotty, Sep 16, 2008.

1. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    REGISTRATION SAME AS WEIGH INS
    [​IMG]
    2007 RULER OF THE NATION

is there any pro armwrestlers on the BOC ???? i was into this back in the late 80s and early 90s won many first and second place tournaments in missouri,kansas, iowa in the 199 lb class and heavy wieght, i trained with mark nelson, penny ford, and a few times with wayne burns , wayne was a 4 time world champion in the 142 lb class from camdenton missouri .

i want to go to this tournament to meet John Brzenk the best arm wrestler in the world at 199 lb class and he also won many heavy wieght titles in the last 20 years , JOHN won the real over the top tournament back in 1985 and won the diesel . he even beet cleave deen a very large power lifter and armwrestler that wieghed around 500lbs the man was over twice as big as john !!!!

just curious if any one else is planning to go

2. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

3. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    arm wrestling over seas in in russia and the uk is a huge sport like our football is here in the usa !!!!

john has been all over the planet winning world titles and thousands of dollars in 3 wieght classes

here he is winning another world title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCHIZqJHWZc

4. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
  5. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    this man is 1 of the few that has beat john brzenk

alexy voevoda from russia a few years back was the heavy wieght world champion for a couple years hes 6'4 and weighed around 260 lbs like john he has trained many years in arm wrestling he also was a world champion in bobsleding . i believe he took a couple years off from armwrestling to compette with his bobsledding team but last year once again is competing in arm wrestling to win the heavy wieght world title once again he is the strongest armwrestler i have ever seen !!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RizOIhoyOU0

6. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    heres a few pics of me back in my early 20s when i was into armwrestling went to many tournaments in missouri , kansas, iowa,and nebraska in a 3 year span competting most tournaments i pulled in wieght class of 199 to 221 lbs i wieghed around 215 lbs but a few tournaments went from 199 to heavy wieght class wich was unlimited and many times i pulled against men that over wieghed me by 100 lbs .

I have a collection of several first place and 2 nd place trophies and in kansas won 221 lb wieght class state championships and 2 nd place heavy

I trained with mark nelson who won many many lieght weight titles and also trained with penny ford who won the womans divistion in missouri in the light wieght class for years .

this guy here was a kansas state champion many times in my wieght class 1 of the best battles i ever had the match lasted for a very long time he got the jump on me at the start as you can see he used his leg to get more leverage at the start and drug me clean across to his side of the table but i was able to top roll his hand to bring him back to center and i applied as much side pressure as i could in a hook then we was locked at center for ever until i was able to control his hand and went for the pin . after the match was over i had so much adrenline flowing i got sick and went to the bathroom and threw up , but only had around 8 minutes before my next match in the heavy wieght divistion . but i won my wieght class of 221 that day and 2nd in the heavy wieghts

7. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    the man i won 2nd place to in the heavy wieght divistion out wieghed me close to over a 100 lbs at the same tournament .

he had won a title in canada on the yukon jack tournaments several years prior i gave it my all but was unsuccessfull and after a grueling match that was fast and fierce i was pinned to take 2 nd place and he won first .

8. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    heres a few pics of a tournament me and brother attended i took first and my brother got 2nd .

my brother was not into armwrestling but was into power lifting and was much a stronger man and had a much longer bigger hand then me but i had practice and technique on my side . if you can see in the pics i aplied back pressure to his fingers to open his hand up and gain leverage . it was my only hope i new in a hook he would be able to beat me because of his strength .

in armwrestling you dont have to be more powerfull in a lifting sence but you must be stronger in your forearm and hand to win . and lots of practice and patience to gain control .

9. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
  10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man, I used to do it when young. When they started televising arm wrestling events on ESPN, I saw several arms get snapped in half. That is a most ghastly sight!!!!

Bill in SC

11. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    My dad used to arm wrestle alot. Never anything official but he could go to a bar and arm wrestle for drinks and never spend a dime. But all he has to show for it now is a jacked up elbow.

12. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    heres a pic of a tournament i went to nebraska and was lucky enough to win the heavy wieght title that day . the guy a competted against was much older and stronger in the hook then i was he beat me in our first match i was against him in but in armwrestling tournaments your not out until you lose twice so in the finals it was down to me and him again and this time instead of going into a hook i went for a top roll and gain the advantage and held on for dear life and waited until i felt his power slippin and was able to go for the pin and lucky enough to win .

again the adrenaline was flowing and after the match i was excitted and felt ill at same time . lol wheeeeew to be young again .

13. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    the reason i got out theese pics is because theirs a new movie coming out in may called pulling John .

john is the best armwrestler on the planet for over 25 years he won the real over the top tournament in 1984 i think it was and won the tractor trailer truck you seen in the movie over the top .

it was held in vegas with over 800 competors from all over the world . he done this at age 22 i think . his father was a armwrestling champion also .

today still john is undefeated in his wiegh class of 199 and has won more heavy whieght titles then any other arm wrestler .

the movie is a documantery that took 5 years of filming him in tournaments all over the world .
    as he at the end goes for another heavy wieght world title at the end of his carreer .

john even has beat the huge CLEAVE DEAN that stood 6-8 and weight around 500 lbs and was also a world champion for many years . and CLEAVE competted in a few world strongest man compitions .

his hand was so large that a coke can would disapear when he grabbed it .

heres a sample of the movie and thanks to JOHN and others in the sport i feel it now has a chance to make a olympics.

and become a world wide sport . GO U S A !!!!!!!!!!
    so you younger gents on here may look into finding a club and practice so you can win gold medals for the USA !!!!:wink::wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkMfWwGYKeM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVK70-C-f5k

14. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
  15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Scott thanks for the interesting thread. nice pictures of you in action as well, you should be proud.

16. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Hey Scotty, was Bull Hurley in the Over the Top movie an actual armwrestler?

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Nevermind , I found info on him. Says he passed away in '03. Says he was a wrist wrestler world champion. Is that the same as arm wrestling? Cool thread Scotty. I never even knew about John Brzenk. Now I know. That russian guy looks pretty good. Ill be keeping tabs on the upcoming world championships and such. Thanks for posting this. :big_smile:

18. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    yes bull hurly ( rick zumulot ) im sure i just miss spelled his real last name there lol but yes he was a real arm wrestler and a california state champion many times .

infact the real world champion they wanted to have as the guy to beat ( bull hurly ) charactor was cleave dean but cleave was too large of a man stalone said and he felt it would look way to unreal so they told rick if he shaved his head he could play the main charactor against stalone .

cleave stood 6-8 and wieghed around 500 lbs

rick was a little over 6 foot and around 300 .