Arlovski fans...

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Flatheadhunter33, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Anyone here a fan of Andre Arlovski? I am! I always liked to watch him fight and wish that he would have beat Sylvia in their last fight...

Anyhow, if you get HBO, tune in on Sept 13th. He's BOXING in vegas! Yes BOXING...this should be good. He's got good striking skills...let's see how he makes the transition!

2. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was wondering where he vanished too, he always seemed more of a boxer than an actual mixed martial artist. He has great striking skills though and a decent chin...

3. Alex J

Alex J Guest

Umm...is this for real? How in the heck did I miss this? :eek:oooh:

Affliction: BANNED
    PPV July 19th

Fedor vs Sylvia
    Barnett vs Rizzo
    Rothwell vs Arlovski
    Lindland vs Nagao
    Whitehead vs Babalu
    Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Buentello
    Hominick vs. Young

http://www.afflictionclothing.com/banned_july19/index.php

Sherdog reports Arlovski wasn't at the press conference and "is believed to still be negotiating with Affliction and with the UFC." They also report that Affliction has signed Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (I'd post a link but I'm not sure if that's allowed after having another post informing the membership of a possible free 2 year sub to Bassmaster deleted - I need to go review the rules I think :big_smile:).

Apologies if this was already discussed elsewhere. I looked but didn't see anything. I can't wait for this. Big fan of Fedor and his brother too.

4. Alex J

Alex J Guest

Sorry again, just saw that there are yet even more fights on the card, but some might not be aired and that two of the fights are going to be broadcast free on FSN (Aleksander vs Buentello & one I missed, Minotoro vs Tiger).

The other fights I missed which might not get aired anyways are Ray Lizama vs Justin Levens, Mike Pyle vs JJ Ambrose and Belfort vs Martin (the Young vs Hominick fight might not get aired either).

If my math is correct that's 11 fights! And a special performance by Megadeth to boot! :smile2:

Reminds me of the decent Pride shows. :0a5:

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
  6. Alex J

Alex J Guest

So I was the only one who didn't know about this. That figures. I need to stay in more! :wink:

Thanks for the link. I think Arlovski will do good as a boxer. He's certainly got the speed and power.

7. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I for one would like to see Arlovski back in
    the UFC. He's far from spent in mixed martial arts. I also believe Fedor would bring havock
    on the heavy weight division but where is he?

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Alex I didnt know about it either but if you gotta pay I aint seeing it.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I like to watch him fight and I am surprised about him making the change to boxing. this may be just some type of "training" event to get his boxing skills improved.

10. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Andre' is one of my favorites to watch. His last few bouts he looked distracted to me. As long as he is giving his all to whatever discipline he chooses, he will be a force.

11. DMFW_5

DMFW_5 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I think he has a week chin he gets knocked out easy but his hands are like bricks so he knocks people out easy too. I thought he'd be champ for a while.